Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-16-2016, 09:11 PM   #21

I drove the Alcan in 1972, 1100 miles of rocky road. Only a small amount was paved. We plan to take our time, we will not be in a hurry this time. Last time we stopped one night. I plan to drive the Dalton but not take the camper. We plan to have fun and take our time, we plan on taking our time. I think it will take about four months but who's counting. We are both retired now and we have nothing to do and all day to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 09:23 PM   #22
Land of the Midnightsun

Quote:
Originally Posted by flymhi View Post
JJ - who did you work for on the NS? I worked for APSC before deciding to find warmer year-round weather and a place that did not have "termination dust" or a "spring thaw". I lived in Eagle River and traveled the line every summer for our calibration run to all the pump stations. I loved Valdez in the summer. Atigun Pass was fun in the winter! Prudhoe Bay was brutal in the winters...
I worked for your compition!! Lol. Veco I started picking up trash in 1980 and finished in 2002 as a crane op. Hell yes winters were brutal ! I moved from Anch to Ft Worth in early 90's and flew back and forth until 2002 and said enough!! Lol after I left Veco owner bill Allen and AK senator got in big trouble and killed Veco. I think Mr Allen did little jail time to. Was a shame
Elite Ready Brutte tow bar & Blue Ox base plate
Never mistake Knowledge for Wisdom. One helps you make a living the other help you make a LIFE.
jjSpeedwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 09:42 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjSpeedwagon View Post
Lol after I left Veco owner bill Allen and AK senator got in big trouble and killed Veco. I think Mr Allen did little jail time to. Was a shame
All that money floating around, it was just a matter of time before the corruption charges surfaced.

I remember one crew flight from Anchorage to PB on an Ak Airlines chartered 737. Only 6 of us onboard and the pilot gave us a close up fly-by of McKinley. Those were the fun days!
Old 03-17-2016, 08:36 AM   #24
Land of the Midnightsun

Quote:
Originally Posted by flymhi View Post
All that money floating around, it was just a matter of time before the corruption charges surfaced.

I remember one crew flight from Anchorage to PB on an Ak Airlines chartered 737. Only 6 of us onboard and the pilot gave us a close up fly-by of McKinley. Those were the fun days!
Wow that would of been great!! Think I made mistake? You said you worked for APSC and I read it as APC ( Alaska Petroleum Contractors) sorry bout that. I miss all the people I was with up there not so much the weather but growing up in Alaska was second to none !!
Elite Ready Brutte tow bar & Blue Ox base plate
Never mistake Knowledge for Wisdom. One helps you make a living the other help you make a LIFE.
jjSpeedwagon is offline   Reply With Quote