Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2019, 08:04 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGrinch View Post
Sounds to me the dealer needs to reimburse for gas at least... If not refund your money on the WDH and give it to you free.
I'd at least fight for something! [emoji34]
As of yet you are not obligated to complete the purchase.

X2........on the above. .....They should make you Whole...........

You lost time, money, loss of enjoyment, HUGE disappointment. They should compensate you.

in the next two weeks Id do some shopping and see if you can get that same model elsewhere. See what price they will give you.

Then you can use this as leverage to get the original dealer to....well....deal!

Let this dealer know you expect to have the price lowered or you will buy it elsewhere and have already found one like it.

Put your foot down..............If they wont' compensate you, after Knowingly deceiving you, you don't want to buy from them anyway.
Old 10-17-2019, 11:26 PM   #22

People make mistakes, I dont think you should use it as an excuse to get free stuff as others have said. They should reimburse you for your fuel expenses for the wasted trip, that's fair. Just my opinion.
Old 10-18-2019, 09:02 AM   #23

Quote:
Sounds to me the dealer needs to reimburse for gas at least... If not refund your money on the WDH and give it to you free.
They could have ordered one on Amazon and have it in two days
Old 10-18-2019, 09:34 AM   #24

Bummer. I would give them a chance but Amazon works

I had a great dealer that setup my WDH (one I had already) and didn't like the way it looked and took it back and adjusted it before I left the lot. They were great. The only problem was the WDH had no antisway. As I drove a few hundred miles in 30 mph cross winds I knew that had to change. I ended up with a Husky Centerline TS on Amazon for $270. It was the easiest WDH I ever setup.

You might think about it. Have them refund your money and give you store credit or cash for the inconvenience.
1928 Ford Model A Roadster
1946 Chevy PU Street Rod (in progress)
Old 10-18-2019, 09:35 AM   #25
Sconnie

I'm new to the forum....what's WDH?
Old 10-18-2019, 09:37 AM   #26
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelleylee View Post
WDH= Weight Distributing Hitch

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
Old 10-18-2019, 09:39 AM   #27

Wonder if they ever got their WDH.
Old 10-18-2019, 09:39 AM   #28

Welcome to the forum and WDH is : Weight Distribution Hitch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelleylee View Post
Old 10-20-2019, 05:27 PM   #29

got it

Quote:
I remember the days when I was in business for 30 years. There were the ones that expected money or free stuff cause a person made an honest mistake. It`s not the dealers fault that this guy lived 2 hours away, so no free tank of gas or 3 free nights at a campground. More than once I told them to go spend their pennies else where. Wait till he try's warranty work and finds out only half the stuff was fixed due to parts availability or incompetence, free tank of gas right? Glad I retired this newest generation are whiners. Can`t imagine where that came from.
Resse Goose box hitch, Mor/Ryde SRE 4000, X Factors, shocks... real smooth ride
Old 10-21-2019, 04:23 AM   #30
DW's 401(k) Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSHGTO View Post
I remember the days when I was in business for 30 years. There were the ones that expected money or free stuff cause a person made an honest mistake. It`s not the dealers fault that this guy lived 2 hours away, so no free tank of gas or 3 free nights at a campground. More than once I told them to go spend their pennies else where. Wait till he try's warranty work and finds out only half the stuff was fixed due to parts availability or incompetence, free tank of gas right? Glad I retired this newest generation are whiners. Can`t imagine where that came from.
And I can remember working over 40 years ago when a business, honest mistake or not, would try to do something to make the mistake right. It was, and still should be, called Customer Service. Wow, what a novel idea.
Agreed, we are only getting one side of the story. However, given what the OP stated, if the dealer wasn't a disreputable dealer, they were at the least incompetent. While even us Old Guys can still remember earlier days, we usually dealt with people close to us, not 2 hours away. Yes, I still stick by my statement. Driving 2 hrs or so, what he put up with was ridiculous in my book.

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life........MOST of the time.
Old 10-21-2019, 08:36 AM   #31

I can understand part of this yet here's my experience.
We purchased our Roo two hours away after looking at various nearby dealers. We decided on the one who had the identical model for substantially less money.

After buying, any warranty work or other work that was required was performed by a reputable dealer I have been working with for years. They still support my unit from time to time if I am unable to do it myself.

My suggestion is to buy where you want, but find someone else to support it. And my dealer came up with the WDH, not the buying dealer.
Quote:
And I can remember working over 40 years ago when a business, honest mistake or not, would try to do something to make the mistake right. It was, and still should be, called Customer Service. Wow, what a novel idea.
Agreed, we are only getting one side of the story. However, given what the OP stated, if the dealer wasn't a disreputable dealer, they were at the least incompetent. While even us Old Guys can still remember earlier days, we usually dealt with people close to us, not 2 hours away. Yes, I still stick by my statement. Driving 2 hrs or so, what he put up with was ridiculous in my book.
Old 10-21-2019, 08:58 AM   #32

that's really stupid. You mean to say they had not a single new or used WHD on premises? They should have given you a "loander"
Old 10-21-2019, 09:08 AM   #33

When my son was buying a new camper at the dealer where we bought our 5er, I pulled our last tt over there for use as a trade in on my son's camper. After I unhitched from it, I asked the dealer if he wanted the wdh with the tt. He said they didn't even want it, that they had used hitches sitting everywhere.

2016 F350 CC Dually Powerstroke 4x4
2014 Cedar Creek 34RLSA w/Level Up
2007 HD Ultra Classic 103
USS Pyro AE-24 WestPac MM2 '71-'75
Old 10-21-2019, 09:16 AM   #34
Site Team

Most dealers have an extensive check list that they require you to sign at purchase. That list includes all the deliverables of which a WDH is one. I would think a reputable salesperson would go over that check list before the customer arrived and insure that all the items were ready for delivery. Forgetting to order it may be an honest mistake, but not calling the customer before arriving to inform them is poor customer service.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Old 10-21-2019, 12:05 PM   #35
DW's 401(k) Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybob View Post
Most dealers have an extensive check list that they require you to sign at purchase. That list includes all the deliverables of which a WDH is one. I would think a reputable salesperson would go over that check list before the customer arrived and insure that all the items were ready for delivery. Forgetting to order it may be an honest mistake, but not calling the customer before arriving to inform them is poor customer service.
[emoji106]

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life........MOST of the time.
Old 10-21-2019, 12:12 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybob View Post
X2
Old 10-21-2019, 02:03 PM   #37

It's understandable that dealers make honest mistakes but should have contacted him before he made the trip to pick up the trailer. I would be upset too. They should compensate for the time gas and aggravation. As far as being a bunch of whiners these days is a very unapproiate statement. Maybe the person that said that has plenty of money and don't worry about the petty things. But as far as I'm concerned I am sure he worked hard for his money and should be compensated. Some dealers don't mind sticking it to people to make an extra buck. I worked hard all my life to get what I have and have went through several issues with our dealer on our 2019 3271sf Forester. Manufacturer's these days seemed to be very slacked on their quality. We have had our rv for a year now and live in it full-time. So far we have spent a total of 3 1/2 months in the shop for poor quality workmanship. Not just petty things. Major issues.
Old 10-21-2019, 07:16 PM   #38
Newbie- 21 FBRS

Follow up on original post

Follow up to the original post: the dealer was very apologetic, and they identified a process gap between their business office and parts team to make sure the “we owe” items were ordered. They upgraded me from the round bar hitch to the trunnion style I preferred. It was more expensive. They towed the camper from their dealership two hours away to the one 15 miles away. The hitch was in on the following Tuesday, and we picked up local on Wednesday. We were on our first trip the next day. The delay cost us a little anxiety, but the dealership was apologetic and reasonable. We camped as planned and it was awesome. I was very happy with the outcome. I am a Project Manager for a very large company. Nobody does what they are supposed to without constant supervision anymore!
Old 10-21-2019, 07:19 PM   #39
Site Team

Glad it all worked out for you and that the dealer realized their mistake. Thank You for coming back to post the resolution.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Old 10-21-2019, 07:52 PM   #40

Glad you resolved your issue. Great you enjoyed your trip.
Closed Thread

Tags
forest river