Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2019, 07:19 AM   #41

Glad all worked out for you and thanks for updating us, enjoy your new camper!!!
Old 10-22-2019, 09:16 AM   #42

Sounds like you are still living forty years ago.suckers were cheap back then. Get off your high horse! This is a educational forum. Not a place to criticize others on their opinions.
Old 10-22-2019, 09:55 AM   #43
D W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coevers View Post
Follow up to the original post: the dealer was very apologetic, and they identified a process gap between their business office and parts team to make sure the “we owe” items were ordered. They upgraded me from the round bar hitch to the trunnion style I preferred. It was more expensive. They towed the camper from their dealership two hours away to the one 15 miles away. The hitch was in on the following Tuesday, and we picked up local on Wednesday. We were on our first trip the next day. The delay cost us a little anxiety, but the dealership was apologetic and reasonable. We camped as planned and it was awesome. I was very happy with the outcome. I am a Project Manager for a very large company. Nobody does what they are supposed to without constant supervision anymore!
Glad it worked out for you. You got an upgrade without having to start a food fight as others suggested. If a little anxiety is all it cost you then count yourself lucky. Anxiety will pass rapidly, but life is full of it. There are bigger fish to fry in life. Just keep in mind that people are humans. We are not infallible. We all make mistakes. Present company included! I can't imagine a world where every time a person makes a mistake that there is some standing by to demand compensation for your mistake.
"...exhaust fluid? We don't need no stinkin' exhaust fluid"
Old 10-22-2019, 03:19 PM   #44

Sounds like the company realized they screwed up. He got an extra bonus thrown. Buyers happy the company is happy. I dont see the big deal! I think the company deserves recognition in this day of sell sell sell and screw the customer on his valid warranty issues. Please give us the name of this dealer. He deserves our business.
Old 10-22-2019, 07:00 PM   #45
DW's 401(k) Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coevers View Post
Follow up to the original post: the dealer was very apologetic, and they identified a process gap between their business office and parts team to make sure the “we owe” items were ordered. They upgraded me from the round bar hitch to the trunnion style I preferred. It was more expensive. They towed the camper from their dealership two hours away to the one 15 miles away. The hitch was in on the following Tuesday, and we picked up local on Wednesday. We were on our first trip the next day. The delay cost us a little anxiety, but the dealership was apologetic and reasonable. We camped as planned and it was awesome. I was very happy with the outcome. I am a Project Manager for a very large company. Nobody does what they are supposed to without constant supervision anymore!
Thanks for giving us an update.

The dealer really stepped up to the plate. I'm glad they were able to identify where the issue was in their own system so the mistake "shouldn't" be made again. And they also probably realized by providing good customer service to you, they would have a return customer and great word of mouth recommendations from you. Given what you experienced and the final outcome, I wouldn't have any issues dealing with this outfit.

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life........MOST of the time.
Old 10-22-2019, 07:15 PM   #46
Site Team

This thread is being closed. The OP has returned and posted a resolution he is happy with. The thread has since morphed into name calling and finger pointing.

The Site Team

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Closed Thread

Tags
forest river