Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-14-2021, 08:00 AM   #1

Alpha Wolf Pantry door

Hello! We finally picked up our new 2021 Alpha Wolf 26DBH-L yesterday. We got home just before the ice storm hit. I love the layout and it checked many of the "must have" boxes. We now have two months to set it up and get ready for our first camping trip at the end of April.

As we were towing it home yesterday it appears that our Pantry door swung open during travel. There now is a hole in the Pantry door that lines up perfectly with the bathroom door knob. I know that hole wasn't there during inspection. Obviously the door magnet isn't strong enough to hold the door shut.

I will be reaching out to the dealer tomorrow to find out about getting a replacement door but was wondering if other folks have the same problem? Have you made any modifications to prevent that from happening? If so, can you please share your guidance on how to prevent that from happening again?
Thanks
PAcamper29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 10:29 PM   #2

Thanks for pointing this out. I am picking up my 26DBH on Wednesday. I will have to take a look at the pantry door before I head out with the trailer.
TTnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 12:20 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTnewbie View Post
Thanks for pointing this out. I am picking up my 26DBH on Wednesday. I will have to take a look at the pantry door before I head out with the trailer.
Enjoy your new camper.

I was told that the magnet probably isn't line up properly and this will be covered under warranty. I just don't understand why that door is being held by a magnet and the other doors have regular door knobs.
Old 02-18-2021, 01:45 PM   #4

I picked up my 26dbh yesterday. I went inside to check the pantry door and it had a regular door handle. The door locks once it is shut. I am not sure what magnets you guys are talking about. I guess the doors are different between the two models.
TTnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 05:34 PM   #5

Is yours also an Alpha Wolf? On mine the pantry has a door knob but no keeper. It's held shut by a magnet.... I have no idea why they would change this. All the other doors have regular knobs with keepers and I had no issues with them while traveling.

One other item I noticed is the gap between the farmhouse sink and the cabinet. I need to mention that to the service guys as well. It's big enough for little fingers to get caught and is also pretty sharp.

Tags
alpha wolf, door