Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-31-2011, 08:23 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by reinreb View Post
Where do you find DVDs on TT operations and systems

Just google " RV Education 101". I think I actually bought mine on ebay, for a little less, but I can't remember for sure.

a lot of good information, and you can watch it over and over
greti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 06:48 AM   #42
Site Team - Lou

Netflix is Da Bomb.

Some RV 101 DVD's are available to rent.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 06:59 AM   #43

oooo thats a good idea.... i should also check the library!!!!!! never thought of that one!
gear ratio
momtovn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 08:46 AM   #44
(Kim)

Quote:
Originally Posted by greti View Post
Until I pick up my TT, I am reading and surfing the web about all things for the RV, such as RV insurance, RV extended service plans, RV accessories, reading up on all the information on this forum. I have also ordered and am reviewing DVD's on how to operate the trailer, taking notes, making lists, going through all the things that will go in the TT! LOL I think my family is ready for me to get off this laptop Either way, I am getting closer to 4/22 every day !
"You go girl!!!!" =]
Who said camping was a guys thing......
I also am doing all the research for this. My husband is not into camping but I'm hoping that will change once we actually go.
His choice vacation would be at a resort in the Caribbean, while mine would be at a rustic campground. We will obviously be doing both 'cuz it's all about compromise.
I'm also nervous about our first outing, but as it turns out, two of my husbands friends will be at the same campground when we are, which is good news for us if we have any problems.
They also love camping and maybe that enthusiasm will rub-off on him!!!!
That would make life so much easier LOL but then again who said life was supposed to be easy.

Happy studying!!!!!
DH (Alan), DD (Madison) and Zoey the lab,
Labzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 11:29 PM   #45

Well the wait ended today. As I posted earlier, RVW promised a 6-7 week turnaround time on our 8312SS order we placed in February. We had a spring break trip booked to Myrtle Beach at the end of the 8th week so I had a littl cushion. Well, they emailed about 3 weeks ago and said it was due in on the 9th week. Not good. However, they came through and I picked it up today and we leave next Friday for the beach. The camper was great and the only issue we noticed was the water pump kept running so they swapped in a new one. Everything else was great and I towed it home 450 miles today.
cecilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 07:01 AM   #46

yay!!! that is wonderful, congrats and good luck, enjoy the beach!!
gear ratio
momtovn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 07:12 AM   #47

Congratulations , glad it all worked out for you!! I'm going on Friday to pick mine up. By the way, how did you notice about the water pump being defective? Is this something you identified during the walk through?
greti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 08:45 AM   #48

Yeah Congrats! I had the same problem when I picked mine up there as well. They did show me that the water pump worked, but I asked to put some water in the tank and see it work properly. Come to find out it just stayed running not pumping water. They swapped it out and was fine. So make sure you test everything before leaving. Good Luck!
Old 04-17-2011, 09:22 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by greti View Post
Congratulations , glad it all worked out for you!! I'm going on Friday to pick mine up. By the way, how did you notice about the water pump being defective? Is this something you identified during the walk through?
Yes, I had them put water in the tank so I could test the systems. Pump just ran and never shut off so they put on another one and all good. Spent all day in it today getting it ready for our trip. I did notice dampness in the corner around the super slide on the carpet. It rained pretty hard during the PDI and the night before(not sure if it was outside or not at night though). Needless to say this is a concern so I will watch and see if it happen again. Keeping my fingers crossed its not a leak.
cecilt is offline   Reply With Quote