Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-04-2017, 06:56 PM   #21

Is it still hooked to the truck?
Is it level?
You wanna make sure it is level before extending the slide out. Also just me maybe but I wouldn't have it in the street with the slide out extended.
There are some less than careful drivers out there.

Lookin good though. Congrats on the new toy!!
Spanko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 07:51 PM   #22

Very quiet neighborhood and no traffic. Just open for neighbors to see. Now parked on side of house, thanks.
Old 03-04-2017, 10:14 PM   #23

Have a great time with it. We have the bug big time. Leaving Monday 13th for Az for a family thing, then I hope I don't come home for a month. C'mon weather, be good to me. *LOL*
mgarland48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 06:18 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by doulos View Post
Very cool!

Got our new baby home yesterday!

Attachment 131121
I see you're TV is a Tacoma. Have you had any issues with that? My husband and I are picking up our first TT (a 2109s) on Wednesday. Our TV will be a Tacoma, and we are wondering how it will do if we head to the mountains.
JustDaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 07:27 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustDaisy View Post
I see you're TV is a Tacoma. Have you had any issues with that? My husband and I are picking up our first TT (a 2109s) on Wednesday. Our TV will be a Tacoma, and we are wondering how it will do if we head to the mountains.

No problems at all. My Tacoma has the tow package.

I have a weight distribution hitch with sway control. That's a must! Also, you need a brake controller. The Tekonsha P-3 is awesome! Plug and play if your Tacoma has the tow package.

I imagine it's going to be a different story on steep grades but I haven't towed in the mountains yet. You'll have to let me know how yours does. [emoji6]

The Tacoma is a beast of a small truck and I was pleasantly surprised at how well it handled the 2109s. Even loaded the trailer is under 75% of the Tacoma's maximum capacity.
Old 04-17-2017, 07:32 PM   #26

Quote:
No problems at all. My Tacoma has the tow package.

I have a weight distribution hitch with sway control. That's a must! Also, you need a brake controller. The Tekonsha P-3 is awesome! Plug and play if your Tacoma has the tow package.

I imagine it's going to be a different story on steep grades but I haven't towed in the mountains yet. You'll have to let me know how yours does. [emoji6]

The Tacoma is a beast of a small truck and I was pleasantly surprised at how well it handled the 2109s. Even loaded the trailer is under 75% of the Tacoma's maximum capacity.

Thanks for the feedback. We have the tow package, and the WDH with sway control and the brake controller are being installed on Wednesday when we pick it up and do our PDI. Your feedback has set my husbands mind at ease. We may not try the mountains right away....need to do some shorter and simpler trips a few times first....but will try to remember to let you know how it goes when we do.
Old 04-17-2017, 07:38 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustDaisy View Post
Thanks for the feedback. We have the tow package, and the WDH with sway control and the brake controller are being installed on Wednesday when we pick it up and do our PDI. Your feedback has set my husbands mind at ease. We may not try the mountains right away....need to do some shorter and simpler trips a few times first....but will try to remember to let you know how it goes when we do.

I know how he feels! [emoji23] I was stressing too but once I took off with the trailer, I breathed a huge sigh of relief! [emoji16]

Another thing, tow mirrors. Forgot to mention those. I got some inexpensive ones for now. May upgrade later though.

Enjoy your new little home on wheels!
Old 04-17-2017, 07:43 PM   #28

Quote:
I know how he feels! [emoji23] I was stressing too but once I took off with the trailer, I breathed a huge sigh of relief! [emoji16]

Another thing, tow mirrors. Forgot to mention those. I got some inexpensive ones for now. May upgrade later though.

Enjoy your new little home on wheels!

Put our tow mirrors on today as a trial run.

Tags
210, 2109s