Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-08-2017, 07:39 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcarbaugh524 View Post
After looking at the ucam and the NuCam, I think that I am going to try out the NuCam. I like the versatility. Also there's no need to splice in the wires on the wiring needed. We shall see how it goes. If I don't like it I can send it back and not have to worry about the wiring.
Don't know what you mean about having to splice the wires. I didn't have to- that I remember anyway. It's been a couple of weeks since I installed and my memory isn't like it used to be... or never was.

Mr. Havercamp- I haven't used it enough to give you an answer about the refresh rate, but what little driving I have done I didn't notice any lag.
RangeMaggotBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 08:33 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdst51 View Post
Don't know what you mean about having to splice the wires. I didn't have to- that I remember anyway. It's been a couple of weeks since I installed and my memory isn't like it used to be... or never was.

Mr. Havercamp- I haven't used it enough to give you an answer about the refresh rate, but what little driving I have done I didn't notice any lag.

After I watched the video on the Ucam it showed that you have to cut the pre-wires furrion cable to power the Ucam. Or maybe I am wrong. I have been looking at so many different cameras. Have been watching a lot of YouTube videos also.
rcarbaugh524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 06:15 PM   #23

Cameras

My Coachmen came with the RV-eye camera system which sends the picture wirelessly to my iphone. This system has worked flawlessly since we purchased our T/T in Nov of 2015. I have a magnetic mount in the truck for my phone and have a constant rear view while on the road. There's a switch on the RV-eye that switches to a second camera under the awning which I suppose could be used for security in a park.
capt104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 08:42 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcarbaugh524 View Post
After I watched the video on the Ucam it showed that you have to cut the pre-wires furrion cable to power the Ucam. Or maybe I am wrong. I have been looking at so many different cameras. Have been watching a lot of YouTube videos also.
Yeah, you do have to cut the wire to wire it up to the camera, but no splicing involved. I know how you feel; after looking for so long on the internet things start to get blurry. Good luck in your selection and please let us know what you end up getting.
RangeMaggotBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 04:48 PM   #25

Follow up to previous post. Got our Furrion camera from Amazon Friday. Did not get to install it until at the campground on Saturday. Easy-4 screws out of the pre-installed bracket; attached the wire; mounted with the 4 screws.

After hitching up, plugged in the monitor and the camera was already paired. Angled down-spare tire in shot. Made for quicker parking in storage space. Will angle the camera up a bit for a longer view behind.

Note that the drive from campground to storage was about 15 minutes. So seems good so far.
Max the Mini is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
back up camera