Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-17-2016, 11:37 AM   #1

Another Season Come and gone.....

Well it's that time of year again. Strange as I write this, the forecast for today in St. Louis is projected to reach a record high......but at lunch today I plan on picking up a few gallons of the dreaded pink stuff. It's always a bittersweet ending to the season for our family and this year may be the last for our trusty Coachmen. Depending on how things go over the next few months, it might be the end of the line for the Coachmen as well. I have not decided but we may be looking into a larger unit moving forward, but not having a payment outweighs things at this point.

Back in 2011, we only had one kid, had never camped ever...much less than in an RV and yet we jumped into this head first and have not looked back. Almost all of our photos in our home are from trips we have taken incorporating the camper. This has afforded us the opportunity to spend more time together that ordinarily we could not have afforded or would have not done otherwise. My kids have seen many states, Oceans and Mountains. Some highlights of those trips are brought up by them at moments not expected.

In a nutshell, we have really taken to this more than I had thought possible. If you are reading this and have a young family and the means....just do it. You won't regret it. Give it time, not every trip is a winner but the worst day in the woods is better than the best day sitting at home.
Nights Camped 2016: 32
ryand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 05:39 PM   #2

I whole heartily agree with you. growing up i never took family vacations or day trips, so i set my mind to it that when i started having kids i would make the most time with them and go as many places as my wallet could take us. we started camping last year in a used Catalina we got for a great price and quickly out grew it and purchased our first new Freedom express this year. and boy has it taken us places. my kids (all boys) ranging from 10 through 2 love nothing more then hooking up and going. i tapped in to a world i never thought i would experience with out it. made many new friends and even talked some old friends into following suit and now we go camping with them a few times a month. i always researching and planning for the next great adventure. it is a time i will remember for the rest of my life and i hope my kids do to. here is to many more nights sleeping under the stars and seeing new horizons. best of luck on where ever live takes you. Cheers
2017 Nights Camped 75 and counting
2018 Nights Camped 40 and counting[/b]
USMC 2005-2015 OIF OEF
raforan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 06:27 PM   #3

We jumped into camping in 2012. I wanted my own place to lay my head and to have a place for visiting two daughters that live about 2.5 hours away.

We achieved that and more. I am writing this in my winterized and parked TT that is converted to my office in the downtime.

We had the most individual trips this year. Most of them were dry camping at some converted strip mines that are overseen by the Ohio DNR. They are lovely campsites that allow us to get away at minimal cost. I would not have even considered going there prior to acquiring the TT, and these are now my favorite getaway.

Yes, the end of the season is bittersweet, but we can realistically start camping again in late March once the snow is gone...and that is right around the corner.

-Laura 2016 Shasta Oasis 18BH & 2015 Ram 1500 Hemi
actadh is offline   Reply With Quote