RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 10-21-2020, 07:59 PM   #1

Unhappy Anyone else have growing setbacks?

The toilet leaked the first day we used it. The door trim inside was peeling the day we picked it up from the dealer and had to have them fix it, but now the trim in the main salon is peeling. The outer decorative trim is peeling away from the screw channels. The speakers were blown the first time we used them. The DVD player doesn't work after a half dozen uses. The electric jack levelers blows the fuse each time we use them. And now, as I winterize the trailer (a 2019 Palomino Puma 25RKSS) what I thought was a stray hair in the shower pan turned out to be a crack about 10 inches long! So, the shower has been leaking into the subfloor! Our last trailer lasted 20 years, and had minor issues, but it was twenty years old! We've had this trailer new from the dealer (and $28,000.00 later) for a year and half. Should we expect more to fail? It looks right now like the thing will spend all winter at the dealership being repaired so hunting season is out. Anyone else having issues like this?
Water heater sets off the CO monitor each time we use it.
Puckhndler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 08:20 PM   #2

What is a salon?

We had two Pumas they were great trailers. Would easily buy another. Now we have a 2017 Wildwood. A few minor issues but not many.

The trim over the screw chanels is a common issue and an inexpensive and easy fix. You can do it your self for about $30.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 08:30 PM   #3

A salon is...

A salon can also be described as the eating/seating/kitchen area. We've already forked over $100 for new speakers, they were blown the 1st time we tried them (not covered under warranty). We shouldn't have to pay to fix things on a new trailer. $30 or not. It adds up. Bad parts are bad parts.
Puckhndler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 02:46 PM   #4

I feel your pain. I have a 2018 puma 31Rqls I just bought about 2 months ago. Had to repair doors on closet not a big deal. Toilet leaking I put a new seal in I think it’s fixed so far. Had a water leak and furnace was under city water hook up that’s where the leak was and it got on circuit board and killed it. I have it fixed as well for the tune of $188. So I’m with ya. The DVD player I can’t seem to do anything with but haven’t tried a dvd in it working a lot don’t have the time. The small things don’t bother me but toilet and furnace being broke stinks. Been in it a month now but I LOVE camping in it anyway. Lol
Frog Pond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 03:04 PM   #5
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhndler View Post
A salon can also be described as the eating/seating/kitchen area. We've already forked over $100 for new speakers, they were blown the 1st time we tried them (not covered under warranty). We shouldn't have to pay to fix things on a new trailer. $30 or not. It adds up. Bad parts are bad parts.
Why did they tell you the speakers were not covered under warranty?

I must admit if more than one speaker was bad, that sounds like operator error. (blown-your words)
TST Tire Monitor w/Repeater - Sinemate 3500w Gen.

Days Camped: '17=30 '18=51 '19=58 '20=98
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote