Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-02-2020, 06:23 AM   #21

If you have access to a microscope, dissect one of the bumps. Put it under the scope and see what you can see. My intuition is that you will have one of a few things. If it's the beetles, what is under the bumps will be sawdust. If its water damage, it will probably be part of the luan wood, but it will be solid.
Theory? I would bet on water damage. The vinyl wall covering is semi-porous. When water gets on it for extended period, it can seep behind the covering and sit there, raising the grain of the wood. If water is coming from behind, like a water leak from outside your rig, it also raises the grain. Once the water evaporates over time, the wood grain is still raised and won't go back down. Basically, either the water is coming from inside the coach or outside.
Now, if its beetles, what you would see under a scope is sawdust, not solid wood, under the raised bumps. Use a sharp razor blade to cut off a bump or two to see what is trapped under the vinyl. Would be great if you can report back here what you find for the good of the rest of us. Thanks.
MOODMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 09:12 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by forrestnelsonjr View Post
Have a question, has anyone every seen these types of bumps under wall covering?
Thinking some type of growth, but they are very hard. I have no water damage on my rig, and maintain meticulously
I had what looked the same . I had a small water leak.
jerry1946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 12:11 PM   #23

That would freak me out, It looks like a small water leak.
Luckydogs is offline   Reply With Quote