Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-25-2018, 05:22 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by asquared View Post
Site Team Note- Please remember this thread is about trying to find info on a previous owner and info on deciding if this is the right MH for the OP. This is NOT a camping world bashing thread. Also some political posts have been removed. Further rules violations will result in thread closure. Thank you.
I understand there have to be rules and this was not a thread for political posts, thank you for removing it. However, I don't so much see that CW is being "bashed" as much as others warning me of the possible downside of dealing with them.

I do hope I can find the info I am looking for, but if you feel you need to close this thread, I understand your just trying to make this an enjoyable forum for all.
Allthumbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 05:55 PM   #22

Get the vin number and have a check run on that, It should show the past owner. I had done that with an old car i was interested in. It had been traded to another guy and he did not want to give me the previous owners name. There were a lot of thing i needed to know about it before i bought it.
Old 02-25-2018, 09:36 PM   #23
Denver, CO

Find out if it was in the keys last year or Houston. Blubblub
garbonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 10:35 PM   #24

Anyone trade at CW

I traded at CW spring of 2015. Not a good experience after the sale. Went to the FROG rally last year 2017, and anyone there you talked to and mention CW, I will just put it this way. The conversations were not on the positive side. Good luck dealing with them. Just plan on finding another Dealer to service it
831 BHDS Flagstaff 2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 10:40 AM   #25

My Suggestions/Experiences

AllThumbs:

I am a Floridian and have had two friends that bought and serviced with CW at the specific dealership you are shopping at. Neither had good experiences with what they bought and service after the sale. Myself and one my friends who lives in Plant City both later bought from General RV (Jacksonville in my case).
Both dealerships have been good to work with overall and very good about servicing their customers after the sale! Which is important these in these days of dealerships turning away non-purchase customers because they are inundated with work. Lastly my advice is to concentrate more on RV construction and systems quality than the Ford F53 chassis and mileage. For handling and ride look for 22,000 GVW chassis and up! Lighter than that and you get what you pay for! My humble opinion...
PalForce1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 11:02 AM   #26
Senior Veteran RV Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allthumbs View Post
Was told by the salesman I spoke with that they do a 100 point inspection. Will wait till I see what all they check before asking to take it to a private inspection. My main concern is engine and drive train. If I take it anywhere it Will be to Ford service. Fortunately CW is not the only service for the Georgetown.
Just a little advice on things to check before signing for the coach!

1. Check the leveling jacks thoroughly! Mine failed on my used 2015 GT 328ts 9 mos after buying it. All covered under the extended warranty I bought through the dealer (LazyDays).

2. Check the roof for leaks. Mine leaked right after the hurricane blew through the Tampa area last fall. Make the dealer clean and reseal it if in doubt!

3. My captains chairs (driver and passenger) are flaking and peeling. Very poor seat covers! Beware!

4. I just discovered last week that my fog lamps do not work! Be sure and check everything thoroughly!
Old 02-27-2018, 06:10 AM   #27

Thank you all for your input and suggestions. I am not thrilled to deal with CW but unfortunately, they have the unit we are really interested in. With the info you all have provided I have a list of things to look for and check and we are ready to walk away if we find anything the slightest bit hinky.

We are looking at inventory from all dealers as far away as Georgia and haven't found anything we like as much. Really would like to find a one or two year old used rig but if we find "the one" new, that would be good too.

Again, thank you all for your input. Happy camping.
Old 02-27-2018, 05:52 PM   #28
Ready to Go

Have it inspected. jason@myrvinspection.com is local to Seffner/Plant city area.

2001 F250 SD 7.3 Turbo
2013 Sanibel 39' 5th wheel.
JeffLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 08:39 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffLynn View Post
Have it inspected. jason@myrvinspection.com is local to Seffner/Plant city area.
Thanks Jeff but we have pretty much decided not to get it. Just to much negative and not enough positive. Still a slight chance and if we do I will definitely get a hold of your guy.

Thanks again.
Old 03-02-2018, 09:01 AM   #30

Thanks to all of you for your input. Taking everything you all have posted, we decided not to purchase from CW.
Old 03-02-2018, 09:51 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allthumbs View Post
Thanks to all of you for your input. Taking everything you all have posted, we decided not to purchase from CW.
I think CW experiences Vary from one extreme to the other. Mine has been pretty well so far, and our CW actually has pretty high ratings for service. Others are supposedly outright horrible. I will say this though, as some have spoken about unreturned phone calls. I personally will not buy from Any dealer more than 2 hours away, regardless of cost. If phone calls dont get returned, I show up at the shop. My latest Purchase from CW has them exactly 12 minutes from my work office.
ronheater70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 10:36 AM   #32
Camper

For what it is worth, the unhappy customers, for whatever reason they are unhappy, are always more vocal than a happy customer. The happy customer usually just goes on their way. The unhappy customer goes on a mission to let the world know they are unhappy.

I bought from CW, not because if anyone else's experience but because they had the trailer I wanted and the sale process was honest and pleasant. I paid a fair price, CW made a fair profit and the customer service level was excellent.

When I went to pick up my new unit there was some siding damage. They pointed it out and gave me options. In the end we agreed on a different trailer, same model, and they delivered it to my house free of charge.

I have had service done there too. There was some slight damage to an exterior corner moulding and they took pictures, ordered a replacement part and notified me when it was ready. I could not ask for anything more.

TV - 2006 F350 6.0 DRW CC
TT - 2018 Wildwood 31KQBTS
Macrosill is offline   Reply With Quote