Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-19-2022, 09:58 PM   #41

It is first responders only. It places you on a separate public safety digital network. For example if you’re at a ball park and you try to use your phone you may get a message that a circuits are busy. This won’t happen on first net as you are not on the general public network. You are on a public safety one. At least that is how it is suppose to work .
2015 Chevy 2500 HD 6.0 L 4:10
2016 Rockwood 2616 VS
pd2436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 07:02 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by CedarCreekWoody View Post
I have it too but it is available to everyone. First responders only.
I made a typo. It is NOT available to everyone.
Andersen hitch
CedarCreekWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 07:37 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by pd2436 View Post
It is first responders only. It places you on a separate public safety digital network. For example if you’re at a ball park and you try to use your phone you may get a message that a circuits are busy. This won’t happen on first net as you are not on the general public network. You are on a public safety one. At least that is how it is suppose to work .
There are actually 2 tiers to firstnet. 1 is for all first responders who get primary use of firstnet spectrum and then secondary use is for all other ATT subscribers as space is available. Then there is the agency tier which actually gets override priority and is what will get through when networks are overloaded. The agency tier can only be obtained on accounts paid for by actual first responder agencies, not on personal accounts.
Old 09-21-2022, 06:48 AM   #44

Well I've now been using FirstNet for about a month and a half, and I'm not all that impressed. There is a marked decrease in speed and areas of service when compared to Verizon in my neck of the woods. There are several areas in my normal commute to and from work where I now lose service, but had with Verizon. When we camped in the Adirondacks earlier in the month, my wife had much more usable service than I did pretty much anywhere.

I think this is really an ATT vs Verizon thing, not FirstNet specifically. The hotspot worked great, and no issues with data throttling or anything, even with heavy streaming on a camping trip.

I'll stick with FirstNet for now...
Old 09-22-2022, 08:27 AM   #45

I have a Firstnet work phone and the service isn't that great, as it rolls on ATT's network...