Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-31-2019, 07:22 AM   #41

There is no 'magic' oil. There is a reason Amsoil is referred to as 'Scamsoil'. It is overpriced and overhyped. Is it a good product? Probably, but no better than any other. My Aunt and Uncle got into the cult like network in a huge way. The Amsoil sales culture is actually a little scary. But they did meet a lot of new, like minded friends, kind of a religion. Amsoil, Amway, coincidence?
For me, success with any oil product is if you actually change it
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 07:26 AM   #42

I've run the Amsoil diesel oil in my Isata 5 since it was new 3 years ago. I even run it in my 8KW Onan Generator and I change it out every 15,000 miles in the engine and every 250 hours in the genset. It's a high quality oil and it gives me peace of mind that i'm running the best oil I can buy. I have over 42,000 miles on the engine and over 900 hours on the genset.
Go Gators
Rrzasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 08:21 AM   #43

I will say one other thing...grease related. Mostly pertaining to marine applications.

Take your favorite grease.... put a dab in your palm... put in a little water and mix with your finger(usually in a circular pattern) and see what happens. With Schaeffers MP greases.... you still have grease and water...no mixing.
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 08:37 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
There is no 'magic' oil. There is a reason Amsoil is referred to as 'Scamsoil'. It is overpriced and overhyped
Totally agree except I spell it this way... $camsoil.
babock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 08:40 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by babock View Post
Totally agree except I spell it this way... $camsoil.
Oh, I like that better. I'm showing that to my uncle.......
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 03:21 PM   #46

Thank's to everyone for responding who have actually been using the product I had questions about. The oil experts who have never used the product are not much help. I have not made up my mind but Thank's for your real life experiences with the product. Sometime's the "Bubbas" know more than the scientists.
camper70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 05:10 PM   #47

As long as you don't mind paying for the many levels of the multi level marketing, then it's perfect! Personally, I will pay less than half for a superior product. There is a reason $camsoil has ads with testing that they pay for. Every so called test you see online is a $camsoil paid advertisement.
Old 06-03-2019, 07:00 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by babock View Post
As long as you don't mind paying for the many levels of the multi level marketing, then it's perfect! Personally, I will pay less than half for a superior product. There is a reason $camsoil has ads with testing that they pay for. Every so called test you see online is a $camsoil paid advertisement.
Does the PRK have a great firewall? If not you can go to amsoil.com and buy direct to avoid the MLM

Anyway, in Canada I find their prices quite competitive. For example, Mobil1 Extended performance 5w20 at Canandian Tires is $17.29/L. Direct from Amsoil their Signature Seriers 5w20 is $12.25/L
Old 06-03-2019, 07:02 PM   #49

You know people buy what they want, I don’t run a product down just because I don’t use it.
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 08:04 PM   #50

Amsoil price

I've read a few of the comments saying how expensive Amsoil is so I did a quick internet search of some other brands.
I looked at full synthetic 15W-40 diesel oils. Prices are per gallon.
Amsoil=$35
Mobil One=$22
Royal Purple=$37
Shell Rotella T6=$22
Your price may vary depending where you are buying it at. Just make sure you are getting a full synthetic oil and not a synthetic blend.
Amsoil is not the most expensive oil nor is it the cheapest. Use what you like and stick with it. Make good use out of the synthetic oil that you choose and change it at the recommend intervals. Whether it is 15K, 20K, or 25K miles. Make sure you use a premium oil filter that can last the full interval that you are changing your oil at.
Old 06-03-2019, 11:00 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by robmarshall109 View Post
Does the PRK have a great firewall? If not you can go to amsoil.com and buy direct to avoid the MLM

Anyway, in Canada I find their prices quite competitive. For example, Mobil1 Extended performance 5w20 at Canandian Tires is $17.29/L. Direct from Amsoil their Signature Seriers 5w20 is $12.25/L
Guess what...you are still paying for it.