Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-30-2016, 09:41 PM   #1

Aquatank....got one? If so, thoughts?

We are preparing for several trips next season that will be off the grid so I am spending the off season prepping for what we will need. Does anyone have an aquatank? If so, what are your thoughts? Do you have something similar?

https://aquaflex.net

Stan
stantyszka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 09:48 PM   #2

We have used something similar that holds 45 gallons. The challenge is sanitizing the bladder between use. Some do not recommend bleach, only a vinegar rinse.
2jcsontheroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 09:49 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2jcsontheroad View Post
We have used something similar that holds 45 gallons. The challenge is sanitizing the bladder between use. Some do not recommend bleach, only a vinegar rinse.
Do you happen to know what the name of the product that you used is called? I don't see a lot of different options on the market for soft bladders, mostly hard tanks which for storage and travel reasons don't make much sense.
stantyszka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 07:46 AM   #4

I was dry camping just recently and we came close to running out of fresh water. What I plan to do is buy two five gallon plastic cans that's made for water. Hard plastic containers. That way I can fill them up and pump the water in the camper. We don't dry camp a lot, if we dry camped a lot we would look a bladder.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 12:32 PM   #5
Some guy in back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stantyszka View Post
Do you happen to know what the name of the product that you used is called? I don't see a lot of different options on the market for soft bladders, mostly hard tanks which for storage and travel reasons don't make much sense.
This is a common item in the boating community. "Plastimo", a French company makes several different sizes. I have a ~40 gallon unit I got from "West Marine", a large boat parts company across the US.

Camping World also sells one, you can find it in their on-line catalog.

Cheers!
'99 Ford E350 V10
'16 Rockwood 8329SS
ChateauV10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 12:51 PM   #6

Location: Minnesota ( wishing we were boondocking in the New York Catskills )
If you are going to use the 5-6 gallon jugs, which we do from time to time, make sure you have an appropriate hose or other method, to introduce them to your fresh tank - if that is your intention.

A "Water Bandit" and a short section of (larger diameter) garden hose would also work.

Some RV's have the fresh fill nice and on the outside, others have it tucked in and you need a way to get from the jug to the fill opening. Some people might want a pump, as the jugs of course weigh 40-50 Lbs. when full.

A "Water Bandit" is also terribly handy to have in some other situations, this is a case of "To Have is better than To Want." It's a $4 - $6 item with a little diligent shopping.

We are curious about the Aquatank, while we are re-purposing the 22 gallon tank and pump removed from our previous TC, having a LOT more water capacity when we are at our boondocking location would be ... pretty much worth it's weight in gold.

Jeff and Abby
Fur Babies - Xandra Sophia (GSD) and Neo (Min-Pin Mutt who thinks he is a cat)
2015 Tracer Air 235 (previous 1994 Veri-Lite 1130 TC)
1998 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab - 360 - 46RE (Built)
Jeff_and_Abby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank