Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-17-2016, 04:53 PM   #21

I like my aframe. Beats tent camping
mudman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 05:03 PM   #22

Don't really think anyone is ever 100% content with the RV they have. There'll always be something you wish it had or miss something the last one had. We've had every type of RV but a diesel pusher and are very happy with our Forester. Yes, we'll continue to look to see what's new and current, but we know what we want and we're quite happy with what we've got.
SkipnTerri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 05:17 PM   #23

Are RV'ers Ever Satisfied?

Gotta say, after going to the Cleveland IX Center for the last several years, drooling on tons of units (300 +) this year, we found our affordable dream unit last show. Talked to dealer salesman & FR factory rep, had a great options list included on the "show model" with a pretty reasonable price. Negotiated of course on a trade in of our '08 Sunseeker for the new one...couldn't be more happy. Had a few issues on the new one, but the factory guys at the International Rally took care of EVERYONE of them plus a couple they noticed..Satisfied RV'er? YUP this one is, can't wait to get my baby out of storage and hit the road....
Old 01-17-2016, 05:22 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlocicero View Post
I don't go anywhere where I have to pay to have someone sell me something. If you are trying to get me to spend 25 or 30 thousand dollars, the show better be free.
agreed

2015 Silverado Duramax w/Allison transmission
2014 surveyor 293RL fifth wheel
1surveyor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 05:43 PM   #25

Just went to the show in St. Louis Friday after work. I am looking for ideas/mods. I like seeing things up close so I fully understand how to make it myself or if it is better to buy it. I am working within my limited skillset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abomb View Post
Buying an RV is like getting married. You keep looking till you find the one that makes you happy. Now that doesn't mean that you can't take the occasional glance at a newer model......Haha only joking!!
An old acquaintance once told me, it is ok to look at the menu even after you have ordered.
Wobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 05:46 PM   #26
Canadian Member

I've had a local dealer get me in the show for free when he knew I was in the market for a new RV. As I said in my earlier post, if you're shopping for a new one, admission to the show may be less costly, and certainly would be more convenient, than driving to all the dealerships individually.
2011 Rockwood Signature 8293SS (2015 - 2018)
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS (2012 - 2014)

itat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 05:49 PM   #27

Quite satisfied...

I love looking at new campers. Mostly love 5ers and MH. But, I have yet to find one that I like better than the one I have and the price I paid for it. Only had a few minor problems, one due to us and one due to the cabinets being too well made (door too heavy.)

Haven't been to any shows yet, but stopped at a few dealers and always looking on the computer. I currently have not tried to drive our truck towing the camper but I am going to have to learn because I want to camp more than my husband is willing to do. Either that or get a Super C so I can tow a trailer with my trike on it.
2008 Vrod Trike, 2010 DynaGlide
2 non-traveling Standard Poodles, Ralph & Smokey
dawn52627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 06:32 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrstrknpapa View Post
So,
Every year at this time we head off into the Boston rv show, spend the $15 to park(rip off), pay the cost of entrance, $15 ea(rip off) and walk around and look at all the new and shiny rv's. We look at the new layouts and wonder if this layout would work better for us, oh ya and they might have more trinkets and features, lights here instead of there, a refrig that's bigger and maybe moved so it's easier to access. Things that I saw was plastic where there use to be wood, screws on stairs that are exposed heading up to the bedrooms. I just wish the industry would invest more in quality instead of "stuff". Don't get me wrong we too like going in and looking around, gather information on campgrounds, pick up a few things we need. It also allows us to think of spring, taking cover off and getting ready to head to myrtle beach in April . People do what they have to do, some need to upgrade, bigger family, kids are on there own or huge problems with unit they have. I think the best thing is watching the first timers with young kids running around beginning their rving journey, "daddy, mommy we like this one", that's awesome!
So, Are we just ever satisfied of what we have?
I'm happy to say this rv'er is and is able to walk down the isles and just look!!

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
If the rv dealers are trying to sell you a new unit why don't they pay for these shows they want it both ways. and after all that they don't listen
selkirk awards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 07:28 PM   #29

I got tired of all the shows - RV, Auto, Motorcycle, Boat, etc. Now I make it a part of my travel to stop by larger dealers that are on my route. Nice way to take a break and have a salesman's complete attention (on weekday visits). The used inventory is always changing, and the big dealers have multiple brands to look at.

Disclaimer: The actual value of my "Two Cents" of advice varies just like a bitcoin.
Bluepill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 07:38 PM   #30

Love going to the shows! Will be attending the Louisville show with the friends we RV with. Fun to look and I'm sure there is another fiver in my future. The next one may be the one we "most time" in. I have met factory reps and owners with which I have had good conversation while picking up different perspectives.
speedcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 07:41 PM   #31
MCTroy

We skipped the Rv shows this year. We spent some quality time at a camping world store instead. We found several goodies we "needed". While there we walked through a couple OB trailers and MH. Nothing even tempting, we are very happy with our tailer and TV. Just need spring too get here!
MCTroy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 07:45 PM   #32

Love going to the shows! Will be attending the Louisville show with the friends we RV with. Fun to look and I'm sure there is another fiver in my future. The next one may be the one we "most time" in. I have met factory reps and owners with which I have had good conversation while picking up different perspectives.
speedcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 10:24 PM   #33

This is my first year to be excited about the RV show coming to Milwaukee, I pick up my Grey Wolf 25RR in mid-march, so for me the shows are excellent.

I've been tent camping for over 40 years and still enjoyed the Outdoor shows every year, if nothing else It reminded me of the really cool hobby I enjoy with my friends and family.

Now jumped ship, sold all the tents and stuff and now I have a trailer and I get to bring the Harley's with me, I think I'll be digging RV shows for quite a while.

See ya on the roads,
Old 01-18-2016, 12:29 AM   #34

Just a thought...

The RV Shows yield a lot of trade-ins which often get dropped-off as soon as there is a break in the weather... Dealers don't have room for all of the trade-ins so they are motivated to price accordingly. Most dealers make their money up-front by offering such low trade-in value (or other tricks of the trade like offering a bigger trade-in-value if you pay closer to retail on the new unit, etc....)

We found that the best used units don't even reach the dealers' internet ads - they sell within 48 hours, etc. of arrival. Therefore you may want to start working with a salesperson at each local dealer so you get first dibs on the better used units... Our salesperson called us the day a really good unit arrived & we bought it within 24 hours of arrival...
2017-31; 2016-36; 2015-37; 2014-31

The_Rhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 01:26 AM   #35
Moderator Emeritus

We've never been to an RV show but do like looking at the latest-and-greatest. We'll spend and hour or so at our RV dealer looking through his newest inventory when we are there buying stuff. (No, they are not the cheapest place to shop for RV stuff but we like giving them our business.)

But we're not looking to trade-in or "upgrade"....we're super-happy with our 33-foot camper.

It's kinda funny...as you get older, and the kids move out, we've found our 4-bedroom, 3 bath house is just too big, now. But we did go from an 18-foot to a 33-foot camper and from a Tacoma to a Tundra truck.

Maybe so many RVers seem to switch so much is because we're adventurous people who aren't afraid of making changes!
8-year Travel Trailer RVers
2013 Forest River Rockwood Ultra-Lite 2904SS
2014 Toyota Tundra Maxcrew SR-5 TRD 4x4 (with Firestone airbags in the rear)
ColoradoRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 03:41 AM   #36

Mike, same here. Love my 346QBuD and haven't found anything I want to trade it up/down for. DH is so relieved! He holds his breath every time I say , " Wait a minute, I just want to look". Happy with what I got and grateful I can afford to keep it.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
dj3spots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 07:15 AM   #37

It cost 6 parking and 10.00 for a 2 day pass at the Florida State Fairgrounds. Plus you have great weather. I'd avoid Boston is there's a big show elsewhere LOL
Old 01-18-2016, 07:27 AM   #38
I Break Everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
I don't go anywhere where I have to pay to have someone sell me something.
You must not live in America? My house is paid off but I still have to pay to live in it every year.

We go to some shows, there are not any real "deals" out there anymore that can't be had at a dealer. Last show I went to a dealer haggled over 500.00. Left and purchased from a dealer.

When you go into those shows and know prices, etc. they really don't want to talk to you. They want the impulsive 1st time buyer.

2015 Georgetown Forest River 351DS Class A
2008 Keystone Cougar 293SAB 5th Wheel
2007 Jay Flight 30.5RLS 5th Wheel
2006 Jay Flight 29BHS TT
mikel68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 08:22 AM   #39

We don't have RV shows until Spring in the East Coast of Canada.
9 hours drive to Boston, and a .68 cent dollar means new travel trailers although cheaper in the states just went to an extreme.

in 2011 our Salem 27 foot trailer sold in the states for $16,000 Canadian (exchange was 1.05 Canadian dollars = 1 US green back.
That same trailer on the lot here sold for $30,000 Canadian.

Last spring a leftover 2014 5th wheel bunk we were looking at was $29,000 US in the states and $52,000 here.

I can only imaging what mark up will be for dealers to do paper work and shuttle new 2016 trailers into NB Canada.
With the dollar at a 39% exchange with the banks - we won't even be dreaming of things not to come because it would be a nightmare for sure.
Old 01-18-2016, 08:59 AM   #40

Since this has turned into a RV Show Post I find the One Dealer Very Honest in his sign about RV Tires! You Dont see Honest Dealers like this! Youroo!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF4510.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	308.4 KB
ID:	97990  
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote