Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-16-2008, 07:54 PM   #1

Are There Any Toy Collectors On The Forum?

Just woundering If there is any toy collectors? Has anyone heard of the Hess oil company. The Hess gas stations in my area sell a new type of truck of one kind or another one time during the year right around Thanksgiving for Christmas, Hess has been doing this since 1963. Exxon did the same for about 3 years and then stopped I have the first two years from Exxon. My Hess collection starts with a 1976 box tractor trailer with 3 oil barrels right on up to the new one that just came out on the 14th of November. My Wife has one of the first Barbie Dolls that came out. The hair on the doll has never been touched and the the doll still has it original gown. On the back of the doll it has Matels stamp on it dated 1958. The Barbie Doll is in mint condition. I also like HO Trains as well.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 12:40 PM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member

I'm an O-gauge Train Collector & Operator. I collect mostly Lionel Trains as well as some MTH and K-Line. Twice a year I drive my Georgetown 370 to camp at the York PA. Fairgrounds for 4 days of Trains sponsored by the Train Collectors Association. You need to be member or a guest of a memeber. It's like no other train meet. Thousands of people and trains. My collection includes pieces from 1913 to the present day. Starting January 2009 I plan to begin building a new layout. I've been around trains all my life. My Dad started in 1947. Every year we had a Christmas Garden with 5 trains running.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 10:58 AM   #3

Send a message via Yahoo to SSport
Me and my mother recently went through my Grandmother's attic and found some old toys of mine from when I was little. I thought it was neat and held on to everything, but definitely nothing TOO old......My oldest thing I think is from 1987....lol
SSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 03:15 PM   #4

I'm a car freak, and have an extensive collection of diecast. I've lost count, but I would estimate that the toy room currently holds upwards of 10000 little cars and trucks, LOL.

I also own and operate one of the largest non-corporate diecast websites out there. If anyone is interested in, or collects, toy cars, PM for a web link.

Joe

2008 Cardinal 32TS
2008 F350 Lariat PSD C/C 4X4 Dually
Joe Falco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 06:03 AM   #5

It's good to hear that I am not the only kid around. If any one can, I would like to see some pic. I look back and see toys that I remember having when I was a mini kid and wish I still had them today. I have a box full of HO trains cars that have never been out of the box. I have always been fascinated with trains. My uncle was so wrapped up with trains, his tag on his Suburban said TRAINS.
Old 11-19-2008, 08:45 AM   #6

Gotta grow up...

One has to grow up to dispose of old toys. That eliminates me.

I, too, have a collection of Hess trucks. I have given my son (age 42) a Hess truck for Christmas each year since 1978.

I also restore old toys. I have several of my son's Tonka toys (the metal ones) that I have restored to like new condition. He left them behind at home, so now he is getting them back again after I restore them. It's nice to be able to find some parts and lots of decals on the internet.

I also restored my son's Farmall pedal tractor. I don't know where he is going to store all these things. But as I told him, I gave them to him when he was little, so they are still his. I would attach some photos, but I get an error message when I click on the attachment clip.

TacBear
TacBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 09:58 AM   #7

depends on what you call toys I guess...........

I tend to collect tools. My wife says I have too many of my "toys"..............
aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 07:44 PM   #8

Yes, I collect tools also usually new ones. My son is now 18 and wants to be a Carpenter and for his Birthday I bought him his first new power tool. It is a Makita tork screw drill and a standard drill that is cordless (18v) combo set, now he is looking for more tools for Christmas. Do you toy collector remember an 18 wheeler called Johnny Exspress? And for those who collect Hess trucks, do you collect the minie series as well?