Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-24-2019, 12:55 PM   #1

Atrium windows

I've noticed that there are hardly any atrium windows in the slide outs by the dinette anymore the last year or two. Does anyone know why that is?
Old 02-24-2019, 01:20 PM   #2
GOODBYE SUIT - HELLO RV!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondo View Post
I've noticed that there are hardly any atrium windows in the slide outs by the dinette anymore the last year or two. Does anyone know why that is?
Probably to save costs in manufacturing. I am so glad that I have windows on all three sides of my slide, it makes a big difference in interior brightness and openness. The later year version of my rig was reconfigured with a cabinet along one end of the slide, and the window there is gone. Personally I would rather have the window than the cabinet since there is already so much storage space I have empty storage spaces everywhere. I was really glad I bought early 2019 when I saw that change. (there were some other changes were awesome, but that alone would be a deal-breaker so I am very happy with what we have)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium California Special Convertible (The Beast)
2006 Ford Mustang 3.0 V6 Convertible (Lil' Blue)
HappyCamper1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 01:27 PM   #3

Quote:
I can't say why, I really liked those windows, had them on my Rockwood, it helped giving the allusion of openness. FR, is making a lot of changes in the last couple of years, but to me it seems they are going for the dollar saving, and not what buyers want. Just read on here that they have gotten so cheap, they don't even put linoleum down on the whole floor anymore, and this is on there flagship CC and Cardinals.....you tell me why? I'm very big on FR. But I'm not big on what they are doing now. It's a real benefit to have your whole sub floor covered in linoleum before they put a rug over it. Waiting to see more changes, look at the Riverstone line, what use to be standard 4 years ago is now options... back to your question I loved those windows, and it is a mistake to take them out and cheapen there cost, but that's just my opinion after buying 5 FR units, that's why I went to Coachmen.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 11:21 AM   #4

I was wondering if there was any structural problems with the windows or if FR was just taking the cheaper route. I hope there isn't anything wrong structurally.
Old 02-25-2019, 11:45 AM   #5

Quote:
I was wondering if there was any structural problems with the windows or if FR was just taking the cheaper route. I hope there isn't anything wrong structurally.
Never in anything I owned, and also I have never read a problem with them, it just called more profits, they cost more, I'm sure nobody seen a lower price be caused they have went cheap again. If you check there lines, you will see things that were always standard, now being a paid for option. Check Riverstone, the old standard 4 years ago are now options. It's a very nice trailer. It can still be if you op for options that was standard before....but this Just my opinion.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 09:10 PM   #6

Thanks for the info. If we ever upgrade I like the Rockwood Windjammer 3008 or the 3025 with the atrium windows. We bought ours used in 2010 and have been very happy with it. I've done a lot of upgrades from info I've learned on this forum. We have good counter space in the kitchen and bathroom and a lot of storage throughout.

Tags
window