Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-21-2016, 08:06 PM   #1

Awning Lights Help

We just picked up our wildwood and the awning lights won't turn on.... With the remote or the inside switch.... Also the stabilizers won't work with the outside switches....any help?
Thanks!
Vicki
Jingletv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 08:23 PM   #2

Congrats on the new trailer! Sorry to hear about your problems. If it is a new trailer, I would take it back to the dealer and let them deal with it. As much as they cost, everything should work. If could just be a fuse with the stabilizers. Check the simple things first such as fuses, wire connections, etc.
Old 03-21-2016, 10:15 PM   #3

Thanks! We may have to but I wanted to see if it was just something simple first.... The dealer is an hour and half away....
Old 03-22-2016, 09:53 AM   #4

Did they work at the dealer when you did your PDI?

Eastlake, Ohio
2013 F-350 Turbo Diesel
2016 Heritage Glen 368rlbh
Dinostop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 09:59 AM   #5

Yes they worked at the dealer...
Old 03-22-2016, 10:22 AM   #6

Check the simple things before you take it back to the Dealer, if they worked before, it should be a simple thing. If you take it back to the Dealer it may be weeks before you get it back and camping season it coming up and they may be very busy. Look things over and double check and get back to us. Get to know your unit. if all else does not work and you can not find it, it is under warranty. Ask the Dealer for a date to take it back when they can get on it quickly so it is not sitting on their lot for a couple of weeks or longer, but get your name 'inline' for warranty work. Call the Dealer and they may have a good suggestion.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 10:42 AM   #7

Thanks I have a call into them now.... Waiting to hear back.
Old 03-22-2016, 11:20 AM   #8

You mentioned you had a remote with it. Have you checked your main fuse panel as well as the fuses on the remote control panel? Does your remote control the jacks as well as the awning lights? What kind of remote system do you have?

Eastlake, Ohio
2013 F-350 Turbo Diesel
Old 03-22-2016, 03:03 PM   #9

The stabilizers work with their remote..... The awning lights are on different remote
RGBW controller
Old 03-22-2016, 06:08 PM   #10

Definitely sounds like a fuse issue to me. I know in some of the remote systems there is are fuses on the control panel for the remotes I would check there as well as the main fuse panel.

Eastlake, Ohio
2013 F-350 Turbo Diesel
Old 03-22-2016, 07:21 PM   #11

Thanks I called the dealer and asked where the receiver was and they didn't know ....so I guess I will have to take it in ....
Old 03-23-2016, 12:49 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jingletv View Post
We just picked up our wildwood and the awning lights won't turn on.... With the remote or the inside switch.... Also the stabilizers won't work with the outside switches....any help?

Thanks!

Vicki

Vicki - we have a wildwood 27rkss. The led light strip under the awning is controlled by the inside rocker switch or the multicolor remote. IF you turn off the lights with the remote, on mine, the inside switch is useless. The receiver for the remote for the lights is a small white plastic piece sticking out from where the wiring of the led strip goes into the side of the trailer. You'll have to aim the remote in that direction. Hit the power button on the remote. See if this helps. Try with inside switch in the on position and off position.

As to the power stabs, that could be a fuse issue or bad switches. If so, take it back to dealer.

By the way which wildwood do you have?

John

2016 Wildwood 27RKSS
2012 Grand Cherokee Overland (Hemi)
jgump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 02:16 PM   #13

Yay!!!! Thanks! We tried it and the lights work! We have the 273QBXL....
Thank you so much!
Old 03-23-2016, 02:34 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jingletv View Post
Yay!!!! Thanks! We tried it and the lights work! We have the 273QBXL....
Thank you so much!
Very welcome. Glad I could help!
jgump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 04:14 PM   #15

I too have the same issue with the front stabilizers. The switch worked when we setup and when time to go home it didn't. The remote still works which tells me that everything mechanically is okay. I checked the fuse panel and fuses are good. All I can think of is the switch went bad or there is an inline fuse somewhere. Of course all of the wiring is all taped and haven't wanted to tackle it yet. Have you gotten any more feedback on yours?
tnovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 03:36 PM   #16

Mine quit working and the trailer is only 2 months old. Is there a fuse behind the control panel by the door?
Joe5988 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning, light