Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-01-2022, 11:15 AM   #1

Awning Underside and Water Connection

Greetings all. Getting ready for travel season? We are, and cant wait! Daughter and future son in law just bought a new coachman catalina, while they build a brick n stick. Have 2 questions.
1- Underside of awing is white. Is there something to spray on to protect it from getting moldy and turning black? We all know they are a pain to clean.
2- Water hose connects from side, goes straight in. I know they make a 90degree elbow to attach, but will using that put less stress on connection to keep from leaking? Your thoughts?
Thank you and Happy Camping to all.
ard58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 11:29 AM   #2

we are also looking forward to starting a new camping season.

for the awning underside, i use "Wet and Forget" for house siding. Spray on the awning underside and let dry. i have not had to clean the underside for two years now. they have a shower version as well now- i would guess that would work as well.

and i do use a 90 degree elbow for the water hose (as we use one of those fabric hoses) to eliminate any crimping the hose when connected to the city water inlet.
Just us gals (me, Sis and our daughters)
We spend alot of money to go sit in the woods
GalsofEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 11:38 AM   #3
Trailer Park Supervisor

The awning mfr has directions to clean it as well, something about spraying a bleach solution under it (not over grass!!), roll it up, wait, unroll and rinse/brush.

Most of us use the elbows for reasons listed above. My blue inline filter came with a spiff of hose with a spring around it that would work well too.
NJKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 04:27 PM   #4

Thanks for the replies.
ard58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 04:38 PM   #5
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalsofEscape View Post
we are also looking forward to starting a new camping season.

for the awning underside, i use "Wet and Forget" for house siding. Spray on the awning underside and let dry. i have not had to clean the underside for two years now. they have a shower version as well now- i would guess that would work as well.

and i do use a 90 degree elbow for the water hose (as we use one of those fabric hoses) to eliminate any crimping the hose when connected to the city water inlet.
X2
We use the same stuff on the awning and although we don't use a fabric hose, there's no way I'd want the weight of the hose hanging off the flimsy city water connection. There are too many posts about them breaking.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=86
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water, water connection