Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-13-2008, 07:30 PM   #1

Back From Pirateland in Myrtle Beach. #1

Hello FRF, we left on 6-26 and headed to Pirateland Camp Grounds for two weeks and enjoyed the 4th of July celebrations, we just returned home yesterday. I have some pic I would like to share. Just to show how close we were to the beach, I toke a pic from the roof of my camper out at the ocean. We were 38 steps from the beach. The second pic was from the beach access looking at our camp site. We had great weather, temps were any where from the upper 80's to mid 90's but we had only one night of rain. Pirateland is full of golf carts and on the 4th of July they have a golf cart parade, everyone that rents a golf cart or brings there own, decorates there carts and then Pirateland judges them and gives out prizes. I am going to try to post some pic of the carts. I also made some Mods to my camper that I would like to share with everyone for this hot long trip, from tire change out to help reduce the heat load in the camper and I also went to Camping World and taked to some of the techs. I will post again under #2
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1790.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	940   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1793.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	941  
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 07:56 PM   #2

neat stuff, you are RIGHT on the water
Old 07-13-2008, 07:58 PM   #3

The nice thing about most of the MB campgrounds is that they are right on the ocean. Glad you had a great trip. My next door neighbor just returned tonight from a week at Lakewood (next to Pirateland). He said it wasn't very crowded in any of the restaurants or shopping areas. He said their campgound was about 80% full, when it would normally have been near 100%. Were there very many open sites at PL?

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 05:08 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokiehall View Post
The nice thing about most of the MB campgrounds is that they are right on the ocean. Glad you had a great trip. My next door neighbor just returned tonight from a week at Lakewood (next to Pirateland). He said it wasn't very crowded in any of the restaurants or shopping areas. He said their campground was about 80% full, when it would normally have been near 100%. Were there very many open sites at PL?
Hokiehall, I checked out Lakewood while we were there, it's not a bad camp ground, I also checked out Apache camp ground in North Myrtle Beach, It's not what I thought it was going to be. As far as the camp ground at Pirateland, Just about all sites where full, you had to look hard for an open site. We went to a couple of restaurants, and they were full about an hour wait as an average, not too bad.
Old 07-15-2008, 06:22 AM   #5

You should have checked out Myrtle Beach Travel Park, which is just past Apache. Much nicer. That is where we stay while in MB.

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 11:22 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokiehall View Post
You should have checked out Myrtle Beach Travel Park, which is just past Apache. Much nicer. That is where we stay while in MB.
There was one other park we checked out two years ago, but I could not remember the name until you just mentioned it. Yes Myrtle Beach Travel Park is really nice, as a matter of fact we were going to make reservations there for this past vacation, but they could not guarantee the site we wanted so we went back to Pirate land.
Old 07-17-2008, 10:22 PM   #7

glad you enjoyed your time at mb

we stay next door at lakewood and camp there frequently, as you said, very close to the beach

they have some great places.

we are going down next week and probably much of sept

enjoy your camping