Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-17-2011, 07:44 AM   #1

Barker Tote to Canada

I live in Canada and I'm looking to purchase a 32 or 42 gallon 4 wheel Barker Tote, but the difference in price between USA and Canada is outrageous. I can have the 42g shipped to a US address for $239.00 total but here in Canada the dealers want $617.00 plus tax!! Does anyone know a dealer that would ship one to Canada, or where to get one in Canada for a reasonable price?
Jeff
Edisonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 07:51 AM   #2

Why not simply cross the border, go to Camping World or any other large RV parts store and buy it on site?
donn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 08:04 AM   #3

Unfortunately I live in Newfoundland, an island on the east coast of Canada which is a 7 hour ferry ride and a full days travel to the border.
Edisonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 08:09 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edisonj View Post
Unfortunately I live in Newfoundland, an island on the east coast of Canada which is a 7 hour ferry ride and a full days travel to the border.

Thats only if you live in Port Aux Basque. If you live in St. Anthony, then you have a 8 hour road trip, be at the ferry terminal 1 1/2 hours before departure, if the ferry is on schedule. Then the 7 hour ferry ride, 8 hours to the Maine border and then another 6 hours to the nearest Camping world store in New Hampshire. Not worth the trek if you're only buying a Barker Tote.
2019 FR Vibe 28RL
Rugged Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 08:26 AM   #5

Shop on line

Can you buy this from Camping World or another supplier on line and have them ship it? If not, you surely know someone in the US who would buy it and ship it to you.
grandmapaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 08:54 AM   #6

There are companies that receive orders from within the US, then reship to Canada. This is good if the product you want is from a US company that does not ship to Canada. In effect the service acts as a "friend" in the US that will reship to you in Canada, for a small fee of course.

Try Home Point Roberts Package Receiving US address for Canadians

There are other similar services out there, but this is the only one I could remember.

I have not used these guys and have no experience with them. I was looking to do something similar to you before, but with a generator only sold in the U.S., thus why I know about them.

2014 Silverback 29IK
honker is offline   Reply With Quote