Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-16-2020, 11:52 PM   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota 1120 View Post
Some automatic transmissions today "sealed units" so are remove and replace only ... non-repairable.

IIRC those are GM trannys.

Hyundai/Kia also have them, that I know of. My 2019 Silverado 10 speed is also a sealed unit. It's just a matter of time before it's the industry standard. But there are already aftermarket dipstick kits available.
AlaskaErik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 06:17 AM   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I have been indoctrinated to the standard configuration of all gas pumps that I have used, so perhaps this is my own fault. I am used to the lowest octane and cheapest gasoline always being the leftmost selection on the gas pump buttons. While on a trip in the west US west, I pulled into a Chevron station and habitually punched the leftmost octane selection without looking at the octane numbers. After filling the tank, and noting the price, I saw that I had used the premium gas and spent an extra $27+as a consequence. I just wonder if Chevron reversed from the most common button position to get marginal revenue from mistaken octane selections.
I recall wondering why sometimes they were reversed when fueling one day and then observed that the controls on the pump that I was standing at was a mirror image of the other side of the pump. E. g. On my side the regular was on the right but on the other side the regular was on the left. I reasoned that they designed it that way to simplify the routing of pipes not to try to dup the customer.

Jim.
AverageGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas, pump