Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-25-2020, 09:36 AM   #1

Black Friday 2020 - Haloview

Haloview is giving a 20% off discount for Black Friday, (Fri 11/27 - Thur 11/3)

https://www.haloview.com/deals

I've been looking at getting the RD7R Ultimate. Normally $679, is on sale for $543. I think I'm going to snag one.
AtlCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 10:02 AM   #2
All Around Hoser

Me too!

Baja Fog Adventuring
2018 F-250 Lariat SC w/6.75L Diesel
BajaFog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 10:16 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaFog View Post
Me too!

What setup are you getting? It looks like the RD7 and the RD7R are the same system, except RD7 rear camera replaces a rear running light and the RD7R you manually mount the rear camera anywhere you like.

I think I just need to remove the rear camera from either RD7 or RD7R. Then use a Furrion adapter plate to attach the camera to my pre-wired Furrion back up camera mount. Basically trash whatever backup camera mount they send me.

I think I need a circle metal mounting plate for the door camera and a Furrion adapter to attach the rear backup camera. I've emailed Haloview to make sure I order all the 'accessories' I'll need to do the install.
Old 11-26-2020, 10:05 AM   #4
All Around Hoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlCamper View Post
What setup are you getting? It looks like the RD7 and the RD7R are the same system, except RD7 rear camera replaces a rear running light and the RD7R you manually mount the rear camera anywhere you like.

I think I just need to remove the rear camera from either RD7 or RD7R. Then use a Furrion adapter plate to attach the camera to my pre-wired Furrion back up camera mount. Basically trash whatever backup camera mount they send me.

I think I need a circle metal mounting plate for the door camera and a Furrion adapter to attach the rear backup camera. I've emailed Haloview to make sure I order all the 'accessories' I'll need to do the install.
And let the rest of us know what you find out?!

I'm trying to envision how the camera over the door would work out - why would I want that, since I can look out the window. I expect it would be to have a motion activated 720p video clip of the person breaking in while I'm gone? I hope there is a blinking red light when the camera starts recording to scare off the miscreants, cause I doubt that video clip will be helpful after the fact. At least that is what I hear from the Ring Doorbell users who have 1080p video clips of porch pirates.

I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer, just thinking out loud and want to hear what others think, or what experience they may have had. I did some reading on the Haloview site and also checked Amazon for popular camera solutions. For example, this system has two camera inputs, records at a higher resolution and costs under $130.00. View on Amazon >

With a rig that is almost 26' in length, do I really need side view cameras? IDK and hoping somebody can share their experience.

Baja Fog Adventuring
2018 F-250 Lariat SC w/6.75L Diesel
BajaFog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 03:41 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaFog View Post
And let the rest of us know what you find out?!

I'm trying to envision how the camera over the door would work out - why would I want that, since I can look out the window. I expect it would be to have a motion activated 720p video clip of the person breaking in while I'm gone? I hope there is a blinking red light when the camera starts recording to scare off the miscreants, cause I doubt that video clip will be helpful after the fact. At least that is what I hear from the Ring Doorbell users who have 1080p video clips of porch pirates.

I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer, just thinking out loud and want to hear what others think, or what experience they may have had. I did some reading on the Haloview site and also checked Amazon for popular camera solutions. For example, this system has two camera inputs, records at a higher resolution and costs under $130.00. View on Amazon >

With a rig that is almost 26' in length, do I really need side view cameras? IDK and hoping somebody can share their experience.
For pulling a TT, I see no need for side cameras. I bought a similar wireless camera system, like the one in the pic, on Amazon. It cost me $116 on Prime Day.
Did a 2500 mile trip and it worked great. I was able to see who was behind me and my side mirrors showed what the camera didn't.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 07:31 PM   #6

The side view cameras on the Forester I do not find helpful compared to the side mirrors. I'm really interested in looking what is beside me and also in the blind spot when changing lanes or to exit. To be looking down from the windshield view ahead to a display is just asking for problems. Especially with the width of an RV to keep in your driving lane. Sometimes your display screen is hard to see depending on the sun shining. Using mirrors is a better safer way for side views.
Old 11-26-2020, 10:23 PM   #7

My wife will camp by herself or drive up early and setup before I arrive. One time while pulling in to a site she rubbed the awning against a tree. Cost $2000 to repair the awning. If the car and trailer aren't inline, then you won't be able to see one side.

Having a camera looking down the side of the trailer will help see how close the trailer is to objects when trying to get in to a campsite by yourself. It's also why she would like the door camera, so she can see who's at the door since when camping alone. Our door doesn't have a window, it's more a peace of mind for her when camping alone before I arrive.
Old 11-27-2020, 02:14 AM   #8

BajaFog; that is the same unit I installed on our 2604WS. Love It and at that price point I was pleasantly surprised. I was concerned about distance from the camera to the display. Read that many have had problems with image dropping out. Our TT is right at 30ft, 8ft bed and quad cab Dodge so we are around the 45ft mark. We use it as an observation camera and have not had a drop out as of yet. The 7" display is very clear and large enough to see what is there. It will accept 2 cameras. Compared to what I've seen on other rigs and what they paid we are very happy with how this is working. I would do it again if I need to.

Chuck
Chuck324 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black