RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 02-02-2018, 12:59 AM   #1

Black Water Ethics

I am a little amused by the gray water ethics thread. How about black water ethics? Right now, there is a Hepatitis epidemic in San Diego because homeless urinate and defecate in public spaces and at least 20 people have died from it. Cities around the nation are decriminalizing public urination/defecation in the name of empathy for homeless.

Watch this video and you'll be shocked by the number of homeless tents along the river. <-

Where is all of their waste going? Do you think the tent occupants worry about gray water or even blackwater?

I don't think I'll ever visit San Francisco again Liberal Nightmare: San Francisco's Most Beautiful Spot Filled With Human Waste - Truth And Action

Matthews Band bus driver pleads guilty to dumping waste in river - Chicago Tribune

11alive.com | Bus campaigning for Hillary Clinton dumps sewage on Gwinnett County street

My point is that that the same people who pass and enforce silly environmental laws against responsible gray water dumping seem to condone the often public disposal of human liquid and solid waste in urban areas.

I don't get it, what am I missing?

Moderators: This is a serious thread and not mean to be political. Sanitation laws are meant to protect the public health but it seems that is taking a step backwards in some urban areas.

I applaud the cities that are setting up bathrooms and showers for the homeless. While I'm not a big fan of Denver, I do like what they are doing: On The Go: Denver's Roving Restrooms Tackle a Basic Need

Comments?
Skyliner is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-02-2018, 08:13 AM   #2

I think what you're missing is that this being a free country for "the pursuit of happiness" has taken on the meaning that I can do as I please. What's the harm of one piece of paper cast to the street or a few gallons of mostly water. . . Well, a few hundred others doing the same thing. Thinking about or taking responsibility for my actions would lead having less fun.

I'll step off my soap box now and go snack on a Tide pod.
Keystoner is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-02-2018, 08:23 AM   #3
PhD, Common Sense

If you rob a bank in “pursuit of happiness”, does that make it OK?

It is reasonable for communities to set standards so we can live together in relative safety and security.
eye95 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-02-2018, 08:33 AM   #4

Sorry you missed my point. I was giving my opinion from the perspective of those who think it is ok.
As to bank robberies, the people committing 4000-7000 bank robberies yearly obviously think it is OK.
Keystoner is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-02-2018, 08:39 AM   #5
PhD, Common Sense

Sorry that you missed mine. Moving on.
eye95 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-03-2018, 02:08 AM   #6
Novice Travel Trailer Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyliner View Post
I am a little amused by the gray water ethics thread. How about black water ethics? Right now, there is a Hepatitis epidemic in San Diego because homeless urinate and defecate in public spaces and at least 20 people have died from it. Cities around the nation are decriminalizing public urination/defecation in the name of empathy for homeless.

Watch this video and you'll be shocked by the number of homeless tents along the river. <-

Where is all of their waste going? Do you think the tent occupants worry about gray water or even blackwater?

I don't think I'll ever visit San Francisco again Liberal Nightmare: San Francisco's Most Beautiful Spot Filled With Human Waste - Truth And Action

Matthews Band bus driver pleads guilty to dumping waste in river - Chicago Tribune

11alive.com | Bus campaigning for Hillary Clinton dumps sewage on Gwinnett County street

My point is that that the same people who pass and enforce silly environmental laws against responsible gray water dumping seem to condone the often public disposal of human liquid and solid waste in urban areas.

I don't get it, what am I missing?

Moderators: This is a serious thread and not mean to be political. Sanitation laws are meant to protect the public health but it seems that is taking a step backwards in some urban areas.

I applaud the cities that are setting up bathrooms and showers for the homeless. While I'm not a big fan of Denver, I do like what they are doing: On The Go: Denver's Roving Restrooms Tackle a Basic Need

Comments?
Could not agree more. Thanks for pointing this out. By far waayy to much money is wasted on the refugee campsites in cities. Don't put the homeless camping sites next to a water source. Ugh. Port o potties are a must, but then the question of tax payer dollars comes in to play....who's maintaining. Why can't we have modern chain gangs. Make prisoners work and contribute to society not just defecate in public and let's pay for college, ok ok I'll stop. Seattle...king county the politics is ludicrous. Those safe injection sites are paying off marvelously 😠 wasted $....

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BRDS Travel Trailer
2018 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 LTZ
benchmarks is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Tags
black, black water, water