Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-21-2019, 10:18 AM   #21

Use a flow meter when using the black tank flush to see how much water is actually flowing. Just because the hose bib is opened doesn't mean water is flowing. The tank sprayers are known to clog under use and even when new due to debris in the lines.

I tried the tank flush in our '19 RW 2902WS yesterday for the first time and had water dripping from the under belly. The vacuum breaker/check valve was leaking. I only had the water on for a few seconds before seeing the drip and quickly shut it off.
woo10-210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 10:22 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by snippitts View Post
The black tank flush is part of the camper. Hose is connected to it. You can feel and hear the water coming out of it. That’s why we can’t figure where all the water went
Are you sure the water isn't actually going to your fresh water tank? It's been mentioned before that the city and black connection labels have been swapped. Have you used the city connection yet?
woo10-210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 10:34 AM   #23
Who Dares, Wins

I still think your tank flush is clogged reading above. Mine is clogged, know it for a fact, but when I hook up to it the hose does SOUND like water is flowing beciase just a trickle is getting by. Convinced me when it worked fine from the toilet end. If you truly had that much of a leak you'd know it by now by the Niagara falls coming from under your camper.

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 11:11 AM   #24

We had our rig for 6 mo camped in it 12 weekends or so everything operates as expected.

We go to a park with a 8% downhill grade at the entrance. When we leave the park (a week later) I am at the dump station with a dribble coming out of the black tank. Clueless.

After fooling around with it for a while...a 3/4” pvc elbow comes out and lodges in the hose. I can’t tell you how relieved I was to have emptied that nearly full black tank.

The grade must have made that fitting slide to the tank exit point.
2011 Starcraft 392BHUw/Andersen No-Sway

chaps2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 12:51 PM   #25
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc73 View Post
On re-read.. Thisn"hose" you are using is it the black tank flush? The end is probably clocked and you think it is filling up the tank but the water is not even leaving the end possibly. Put water down the toilet side and see if anything comes out. Mine flush had been clocked since the first few months and does not flow water at all.

dr73...not trying to be a wise A...but please explain the word “clocked” do you mean end of hose is pinched or the bk tank flush connection at the panel is plugged or something else?
TIA
Old 07-21-2019, 03:08 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by MainelyUS View Post
dr73...not trying to be a wise A...but please explain the word “clocked” do you mean end of hose is pinched or the bk tank flush connection at the panel is plugged or something else?
TIA
Most likely a typo for "blocked".
CedarCreekWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 03:36 PM   #27
Who Dares, Wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by CedarCreekWoody View Post
Most likely a typo for "blocked".
Yet, flush is clogged. Phone auto correction fail

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 11:20 AM   #28

Where are you filling black tank at? Are you saying you are putting a hose or pouring buckets down the toilet??
At some point of filling, and filling and filling you will see water going somewhere! Rising up in the toilet bowl, then overflowing or out on the ground. Water doesn't evaporate that fast and if the tank has a leak under the floor, it would still be pouring out underneath somewhere.
Never rely an those indicator lights, you have to know your levels and disregard those indicators.

2019 Ford SD F-350 SRW Lariat
Tow & Gooseneck Prep
FX4 Off Road (4X4)
rlh1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 10:43 AM   #29

Need help- ideas?
Black tank is full- water in toilet wont flush- drain
When i pulled black valve i got i gallons or two of black water- no solids!
I believe i have a “dam” as my wife said she flushed some tampons and personal wipes.
Question is how to break the dam- we are set up on full hook up site for the next month.
I put a call into a septic service for a pump out. Would anybody now if they will hook up to black dump pipe and just pull debris/ clog or will they have to empty from toilet.
Strange thing is black valve is still open but nothing seeping threw.
Thanks in advance
Jimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 10:49 AM   #30

are you sure you don't have 2 tanks my friend said the same thing I looked he had another tank which he never drain after we drained it it was ok go figular LOL
cfo111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 07:08 PM   #31

My Flagstaff 2016 26fkws is on its fourth summer. This year suddenly the black tank drains and then goes to a trickle. All the black water flush water is accumulating behind a blockage.

Last year I bought a Valterra hydro flush that shoots water up into the tank. This seems to break up the clog. This happened a couple of times this trip and using this solved the problem. I'm sure we are using enough water.

Here is a link https://www.amazon.com/Valterra-F02-...gateway&sr=8-1
Miskibum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 08:28 PM   #32
Just as confused as you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimer View Post
Need help- ideas?
Black tank is full- water in toilet wont flush- drain
When i pulled black valve i got i gallons or two of black water- no solids!
I believe i have a “dam” as my wife said she flushed some tampons and personal wipes.
Question is how to break the dam- we are set up on full hook up site for the next month.
I put a call into a septic service for a pump out. Would anybody now if they will hook up to black dump pipe and just pull debris/ clog or will they have to empty from toilet.
Strange thing is black valve is still open but nothing seeping threw.
Thanks in advance
Tell your wife to never flush tampons or personal wipes down the toilet. Not even the flushable personal wipes. They are not biodegradable and will cause nothing but trouble as you found out. The users manual for the toilets point this out in bold type. Tampons and personal wipes are the biggest problems for private septic systems behind kids flushing things. Be careful of a septic service connecting directly to the dump valve as the vacuum pumps they use could easily collapse the black tank. If they can suck that stuff a distance of 100 feet, think of what can happen to your tank.
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 08:30 PM   #33

Just had my black tank do the same thing. First time in 4 years. I drove about 100 miles to next camping destination, still plugged. I took a flush wand that goes down the toilet with garden hose attached, finally got it to break loose. A lot solids built up right at the exit blocking all the water.
okiecowboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black, black water, drain, tank, water, water tank