Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-26-2019, 09:52 PM   #1

Body parts from Forest River

On a trip to the Smoky Mts. I damaged the "J" trim on the bottom of the kitchen slide of our 29RE. Back on June 24th the repair shop ordered the new parts. On the 19th of July Forest River got around to shipping the new part. It got to the dealer on the 23rd of July. The part was shipped damaged, the repairman said it wasn't in much better shape than the one on the camper. The dealer contacted Forest River and was told a replacement would be "direct shipped". That was the last information I have had from the dealer, other than him giving me Forest Rivers "Customer Service" number. I have called that number days on end and gotten no replies. Does anyone from Forest River monitor this forum? It's been over10 weeks since this part was ordered, any help anyone can give would be appreciated.
'13 GMC 2500HD
Duramax/Allison
Otegoans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 09:44 AM   #2
Commercial Member

Otegoans,

Thank you for being a part of the Cedar Creek family.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconveniences that you have experienced during this process. Your satisfaction is very important to us; accordingly, we invite you to contact Nick Schrock in our Customer service department through the following personalized and direct link: http://www.forestriverinc.com/Direct...24992579443284.

This direct link is provided for your convenience in order that we may resolve your concerns as quickly as possible. We will strive to respond to you within 24 hours of receiving your correspondence.

Respectfully,
Forest River
ES_FR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 11:53 AM   #3

I watch entirely too many crime shows. My brain went to a whole different place when I read your subject line.

2017 Rockwood Mini Lite 2503s
2016 Ford F 150 3.5 L Ecoboost
Mrs.Shockley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 07:54 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Shockley View Post
I watch entirely too many crime shows. My brain went to a whole different place when I read your subject line.
After reading my post I could see your reasoning, however twisted it might be!
'13 GMC 2500HD
Duramax/Allison
Old 08-30-2019, 08:03 PM   #5

So did you contact FR as suggested in post 2? Results?
Andersen hitch
CedarCreekWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 07:33 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CedarCreekWoody View Post
So did you contact FR as suggested in post 2? Results?
Yeah, I contacted the rep., he replied that he would "look into it and get back to me". That was last week, haven't heard anything since. I'm in a Forest River nightmare!!
'13 GMC 2500HD
Duramax/Allison
Old 09-03-2019, 11:49 PM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otegoans View Post
Yeah, I contacted the rep., he replied that he would "look into it and get back to me". That was last week, haven't heard anything since. I'm in a Forest River nightmare!!
It was a holiday weekend.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 11:29 AM   #8

Yes, yes it was. I don't know how to thank you for that information...………..
'13 GMC 2500HD
Duramax/Allison
Old 09-24-2019, 07:19 PM   #9

Body Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ES_FR View Post
Otegoans,

Thank you for being a part of the Cedar Creek family.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconveniences that you have experienced during this process. Your satisfaction is very important to us; accordingly, we invite you to contact Nick Schrock in our Customer service department through the following personalized and direct link: http://www.forestriverinc.com/Direct...24992579443284.

This direct link is provided for your convenience in order that we may resolve your concerns as quickly as possible. We will strive to respond to you within 24 hours of receiving your correspondence.

Respectfully,
Forest River

After all this time and help from Denise Davis all the parts finally arrived ( minus a couple of decals) on the 20TH of this month. Once I got the attention of Forest River, things went a lot faster. My take from this is it should not be this hard to get parts. I believe the dealer is at fault as much as anyone as they did not follow up on part orders when items came in damaged or not at all. The entire process could use a major tune-up! The most disappointing thing was when I called Forest Rivers customer service line no one ever answered or called back when I left a call back message. It wasn't until I used this forum that I got any results. After four months I'm getting my 5er repaired.
'13 GMC 2500HD
Duramax/Allison
Old 09-24-2019, 07:47 PM   #10
Canadian Member

I’m still waiting for my dealer to get the right piece of J trim for the slideout on my Rockwood and it was supposed to have been ordered back in February! It’s a minor cosmetic thing - the fender piece was installed about 2-3” forward of dead centre above the wheels - and most people don’t even notice it, but it’s not perfect so I told them to make it right. The dealer says they have the fender piece and the J trim for forward of the slideout but they claim the factory sent the wrong J trim for the slideout. It should have been fixed before I picked it up in May. Took it back in late August when we weren’t using it for 3 weeks and they still haven’t fixed it. Very frustrating but I’m not letting that stop us from enjoying the 5er. I managed to get a $200 prepaid Visa as compensation for my fuel costs to take it back again.
2011 Rockwood Signature 8293SS (2015 - 2018)
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS (2012 - 2014)

itat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 07:49 PM   #11
Now a "Top Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Shockley View Post
After seeing this title again, my thought went to a horror movie. You know, one of those cheesy 50's horror flicks?? Yeah, pretty weird!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otegoans View Post
After all this time and help from Denise Davis all the parts finally arrived ( minus a couple of decals) on the 20TH of this month. Once I got the attention of Forest River, things went a lot faster. My take from this is it should not be this hard to get parts. I believe the dealer is at fault as much as anyone as they did not follow up on part orders when items came in damaged or not at all. The entire process could use a major tune-up! The most disappointing thing was when I called Forest Rivers customer service line no one ever answered or called back when I left a call back message. It wasn't until I used this forum that I got any results. After four months I'm getting my 5er repaired.
Glad you finally got it going. It took a few months to get parts in for mine also after a triple blowout back in 2014. After the repair guy got the parts in, it only took a week or so to get it all done. Crazy stuff.
Retired AF MSgt

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!
EdJunior is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river, parts