Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-06-2022, 09:59 AM   #1

Boondockers Welcome question

Now that we have the time, we will be spending a lot more time traveling in our RV. Our home base is NY and we will be mostly going to the Midwest and Western states for our travels. Are Boondockers Welcome hosts generally located close to highways and interstates? I would like to use them for nights during travel days but would not want to travel more than about 10 minutes off our route. I’ve tried looking at their map to see if it’s a possibility but their site without membership only shows very large circles covering a general area.
OTKISS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2022, 10:07 AM   #2
Kanadian Kamper

There is no pattern to where you’ll find Boondockers Welcome locations.
Remember, these are people that are hosting you at their homes……they chose to live there for a variety of reasons, and not just to be handy to interstate travellers.

Finding one with 10 minutes of your route is not likely. Possible, yes.

I suggest truck stops along the interstate is the closest stop you’ll find alongside your trip, but it won’t be nearly as enjoyable.

As members, we’ve met lots of Boondockers Welcome friends, and have never been disappointed, and locating one within a certain distance is up to each person.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2022, 10:13 AM   #3

I'm a member so the site will allow me to set the distance off my route I want to search for a host. I use it to experience different places and meet nice folks. You might find it easier to find free camping at a Walmart or Target along major highways. JMHO
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
question