Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-12-2012, 07:06 PM   #1

Branson, MO recommendations?

In July my wife, daughter, and I will be traveling from Roanoke, VA to Branson, MO via Nashville, TN. Stopping in Paducah, KY to see the Quilt Museum and stopping in Mansfield, MO to see Laura Ingalls Wilder Museum.
We will be traveling in our 2006 Sunseeker 3100LTD without a TOAD. On the way home we will be dropping down to Memphis to see Graceland then scooting East toward home.
The questions we have are the following:
1) How bad was Branson hit/hurt by the recent tornado?
2) Any campground suggestions in Branson?
3) Any campgrounds with shuttle service?
4) Any special sights or activities in Branson?
We have looked around the web and would like something more personal in the way of suggestions.
Thanks,
Chris in Virginia

vasnipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 07:47 PM   #2

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasnipe View Post
In July my wife, daughter, and I will be traveling from Roanoke, VA to Branson, MO via Nashville, TN. Stopping in Paducah, KY to see the Quilt Museum and stopping in Mansfield, MO to see Laura Ingalls Wilder Museum.
We will be traveling in our 2006 Sunseeker 3100LTD without a TOAD. On the way home we will be dropping down to Memphis to see Graceland then scooting East toward home.
The questions we have are the following:
1) How bad was Branson hit/hurt by the recent tornado?
2) Any campground suggestions in Branson?
3) Any campgrounds with shuttle service?
4) Any special sights or activities in Branson?
We have looked around the web and would like something more personal in the way of suggestions.
Thanks,
Chris in Virginia
Hi Chris!! I hope you enjoy your time in Missouri. I've not been to Branson since the tornado hit but it hit the main strip. I hear they are going into tourist season full speed. We have camped at a few COE parks and others we know have stayed in various parks. Haven't really heard a bad word about any parks. Special activities........ Silver Dollar City, Billie Gails in Branson is a great place to have breakfast, there is a HUGE rocking chair just off of I-44 in Cuba, The home of the Hubble Telescope is in Marshfield. You will be riding right along Route 66. Zip lines here there and popping us everywhere. Stop and take some of it in!!!

Felicia & Jeff - Missouri
2013 Columbus - 320 RS 2012 F350 CC DRW - 6.7L PSD
2012 Camping 59 DAYS; 2013 50 DAYS; 2014 WAITING
Earth Station is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:01 PM   #3

Felicia and Jeff,
Thanks for the pointers. We crossed northern Missouri and hit the St Louis Arch back in 1992. Looking forward to seeing more.

Chris in Virginia

vasnipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:06 PM   #4

Lots to do in the Branson area; all depends on your interests. We like to camp at Indian Point which is a Corp of Engineers campground on Table Rock Lake. Just down the road from Silver Dollar City and about 10 miles from the congestion of the strip thru Branson.

Randy and Patty
2015 Sabre 33 CKTS-6 Platinum Edition
Reese 16K Slider hitch
2015 GMC Sierra 3500HD diesel dually
Old car is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
branson