Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-10-2017, 06:49 AM   #21

Broke in again.

But highly unlikely, just something I learned during my 31 years in Law Enforcement. We did get a burglar once because he had intestinal worms and he had crapped in the victims toilet. When he told us he had this malady, we let him know we already knew because we had his evidence. It was a bluff but it was enough for at least a partial confession.
rblack22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 10:08 PM   #22

Sometimes unmonitored security is not worth paying for. I would try to find another place to store/park it if you can find it. Takes the fun out of owning an rv.
You did a great job of picking up the pieces and not letting him take the fun out. But he will be back and they will have a better picture of him
updhaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 10:24 PM   #23

And a certain group of American's say drugs are a victimless crime!
Old 08-10-2017, 10:29 PM   #24

Got on a wait list for another place we've been looking at today.

And they caught my guy that night.
2016 Ford F350 XLT 6.7 Powerstroke DRW 4X4
2016 Brookstone 395RL
dwayneb236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 07:59 PM   #25

WD 40 and a pillow case?? Sounds like he was looking to get high. What a sorry soul....
LuckyTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 08:19 PM   #26

I'm sure the pillowcase was to put his loot in. I've worked many burglaries in my life and they take pillow cases quite often. You may be right about the WD40 and getting high.

Forgot to mention this guy was so skinny he squeezed through a 7 inch gap where the slide was in. My leg can barely fit through that.
2016 Brookstone 395RL
Old 08-12-2017, 08:24 AM   #27

Years ago when I was a teenager we built a cabin in northern arizona and one of the things my dad used to do was leave a gallon of cheap wine on the counter in plain sight incase someone broke in, mostly because it was kids that were doing the break in's, And it happened a couple times someone broke in and all they took was the bottle of wine and a couple got caught after breaking in to our cabin they drank the wine and got drunk and found a 22 rifle in another cabin and was shooting it inside the cabin and someone heard the shooting and called the sheriff and they were caught in the act, the sheriff said that the wine was the reason they caught them because they were very drunk and shooting.
1994 coachman class A
2005 3100SS sunseeker class c
Fkrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 07:22 PM   #28
Enjoying Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyTraveler View Post
WD 40 and a pillow case?? Sounds like he was looking to get high. What a sorry soul....
Many stories about huffing WD40, some for one time only.

2006 Durango HEMI

TeachTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 07:44 PM   #29

Well just went oit today and did some work on the trailer. As I was piddling around I just looked at it and just felt so fortunate that this jerk didn't trash it. Absolutely nothing done to it other than forcing the window open. The crank will be here probably Tuesday and i can get installed in plenty of time before out trip Saturday.

I did give all the surfaces he might have touched a very good wipe down.

We got lucky.
2016 Brookstone 395RL
Old 08-30-2017, 07:36 AM   #30

Thought I would share a bit of an update. The D.A. called me yesterday about the AH that broke into mine and other's trailers. Told me to have my invoices ready for damage, which for me was only about $36 bucks, but he wants to get everything they can on him. Said they have the guy on 5 felonies and he's going to hammer as hard as he can. The guy can get up to 20 years and that's what he's going for. Apparently they are tired of this guy.. Works for me.

Also, got a new storage site. Actually a bit farther away from the present one but the situation is much better. A family owned farm that put up pole barns and now use it as their storage lot. My wife went by yesterday to check it out and is very pleased. Owners live on site, very secure or as secure as can be. Cameras and gates. Told the owner about our security system and he said soon as it goes off call him or if her hears it he will head out there with his shotgun. I'm for that. Also, it's $100 bucks cheaper a month for covered and electricity.

Oh yeah, and I picked up the property he stole from us the other day too. Pretty minor, the pillowcase and WD40, two phone charging cords and a small battery powered lantern.

He was an idiot, Left a very expensive and very easy to carry first aid kit behind. Probably worth a couple hundred bucks.
2016 Brookstone 395RL
Old 08-30-2017, 07:41 AM   #31

Good. Please give us another update after the trial.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote