Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-18-2019, 10:08 AM   #41

Mmmhmm

Yes...this
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	26337E69-6D1A-4151-B45A-3F90E854187B.jpeg
Views:	73
Size:	151.1 KB
ID:	202059  
CYAH OUT THERE! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 10:10 AM   #42
Trailer Park Supervisor

And I agree with the landscape orientation, and can't stand when people hold their phones vertically when taking pictures, unless you HAVE to go vertical to fit image properly. But there should be away to rotate the pic though. Heck, there's a guy on this site with an avatar pic upside down for crying out loud, he looks like a bat hanging upside down!
NJKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 10:12 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by hshaynes View Post
Which particular roads. We're headed that way before long. I know 30 is the pits.
Definitely 30!!! So bouncy we were sure we had a flat!! I know it’s not good but I finally moved to left lane and stayed there. Not much better but at least we were moving.
Old 04-18-2019, 10:15 AM   #44
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJKris View Post
And I agree with the landscape orientation, and can't stand when people hold their phones vertically when taking pictures, unless you HAVE to go vertical to fit image properly. But there should be away to rotate the pic though. Heck, there's a guy on this site with an avatar pic upside down for crying out loud, he looks like a bat hanging upside down!
Or how about showing off their campsite or new tow vehicle and/or new trailer shot vertically with only half of their truck and half of their trailer in the shot with lots of sky above and pavement or grass below.

I was a photojournalist in my previous life, so this is one of my pet peaves!
JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 10:17 AM   #45

Ok, horizontal is my favorite position

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnD10 View Post
If you are using your cell phone as a camera, the best way to make your photos not be sideways is to always shoot horizontally...not vertically.

For some reason, cell phone auto orientation makes vertical photos appear sideways on many internet platforms, including Facebook and most forum chat boards.

Not to mention that the number one rule of photography always has been...

Hold the camera steady with BOTH HANDS!
Thanks!! I did not know that!
Old 04-22-2019, 08:10 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYAH OUT THERE! View Post
Preparing for first day of departure to home after 5 month snow bird trip yesterday, and my DH went off the tailgate, onto his shoulder and stopped on the asphalt on his head! OUCH! Possibly fractured his sternum (hurts!!!!!!!) Road rash on head. Any experience with this type of injury??? We’re making our way toward home. 8 more days to go. Got reservations and I’m the Chauffeur (always) and DH is my Loafer - so no problem there. What do ya all think? The World Wide Web says lay down, ice, pain meds. We’re doing all three. What say you? I can do all the hooking up and tearing down, DH is the Director only! Usually drive no more than 250 miles. Only have 2 days near 250. Staying 2 nights at a couple spots. Any doctors on here?
Any loss of consciousness, even momentary?
Old 04-22-2019, 08:17 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian Gordon View Post

No LOC. Just abrasions to the scalp. Got 4 fractured ribs and a fractured sternum. Saw doctors at Ft. Bliss. On the mend now.
Old 04-22-2019, 10:39 PM   #48

Glad y'all got home OK. Now DH can get some rest on something that ain't bouncing! That's awesome that you can drive, hook up, unhook, etc. My DW couldn't and wouldn't do any of those things. She doesn't even like to drive my truck when it is not connected to the 5er.

2012 Cedar Creek 36CKTS Touring Edition
2015 Ford F-350 CC DRW Lariat
Joe_GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 10:41 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian Gordon View Post

No LOC. Just abrasions to the scalp. Got 4 fractured ribs and a fractured sternum. Saw doctors at Ft. Bliss. On the mend now.
Old 04-22-2019, 10:55 PM   #50

Quote:
As they say "I feel your pain". I didn't fall off a truck, I just had a heart attack instead. They sawed right down the middle of my sternum and then used a rib spreader that would have made a truck jack proud.

Cartilage at both ends of ribs (that have it at both ends) was stressed and the sternum was then laced together afterwards like one would lace a pair of high logger boots with wire.

I had to sleep in a recliner for about 6 weeks as that position kept everything from spreading.

Oh yeah, it's a totally new experience in pain when you sneeze.

Get well soon.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 10:56 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_GA View Post
Glad y'all got home OK. Now DH can get some rest on something that ain't bouncing! That's awesome that you can drive, hook up, unhook, etc. My DW couldn't and wouldn't do any of those things. She doesn't even like to drive my truck when it is not connected to the 5er.

Thanks!! Reclined in Recliner really represents the way things are going right now!! I feel empowered by knowing I can do all the driving, setup and takedown, including the “stinky slinky”.... I love RVing and plan to keep doing it as long as I/we can
Old 04-22-2019, 11:03 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
As they say "I feel your pain". I didn't fall off a truck, I just had a heart attack instead. They sawed right down the middle of my sternum and then used a rib spreader that would have made a truck jack proud.

Cartilage at both ends of ribs (that have it at both ends) was stressed and the sternum was then laced together afterwards like one would lace a pair of high logger boots with wire.

I had to sleep in a recliner for about 6 weeks as that position kept everything from spreading.

Oh yeah, it's a totally new experience in pain when you sneeze.

Get well soon.

Oooo! That sounds horrible!! I’m glad you made it!!! Thanks for your good wishes! Hope you are in good health now and enjoying your life!!
Old 04-22-2019, 11:22 PM   #53

Quote:
Oooo! That sounds horrible!! I’m glad you made it!!! Thanks for your good wishes! Hope you are in good health now and enjoying your life!!
Coming up on two years and feel great.
7 month's after I hit the road for what became over 10,000 miles of travel. Sadly my wife had passed away the year before but that too is "healing".

Getting OUT is good medicine.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 07:02 AM   #54
Trailer Park Supervisor

Quote:
I feel empowered by knowing I can do all the driving, setup and takedown, including the “stinky slinky”.... I love RVing and plan to keep doing it as long as I/we can
Maybe you can give my wife lessons, lol! At the RV show when the salesman was walking us around the unit and came to the black/grey drains explanation, my wife looked at me as said, "That's going to be YOUR job." lol.
NJKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 07:19 AM   #55

Quote:
Thanks!! Reclined in Recliner really represents the way things are going right now!! I feel empowered by knowing I can do all the driving, setup and takedown, including the “stinky slinky”.... I love RVing and plan to keep doing it as long as I/we can
That is wonderful and I second that. I see us RVing a long time as well. I don't understand why some women don't at least try to do all the jobs involved. When my sister and I started camping it was us, our daughters and tents. We eventually got a popup and now have a hybrid camper. We have never depended on our men folk to even go with us. Us Gals bought the camper, we maintain the camper, and we go on trips. The men folk are invited, but don't have to come.
Just us gals (me, Sis and our daughters)
We spend alot of money to go sit in the woods
GalsofEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 11:11 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJKris View Post

Click on the picture and “edit” on your phone before posting
2ondago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 02:27 PM   #57

As a youngster, I overdid a forward flip on a trampoline and felt like I had broken a rib or sternum (breast bone). Turns out the compression had stretched the rib cage to the point where I had torn the articular cartilage between the lowest left rib and the sternum. The doctor said nothing to do about it but that an ace bandage to help keep the rib close to the sternum would help the pain. Seemed like it took forever to heal.

Take care. Hope it heals soon for you.
fkampa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 03:33 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ondago View Post
Click on the picture and “edit” on your phone before posting
Great tip!! Thanks!! Now if I can only remember to remember to do that