Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-26-2018, 09:46 AM   #1

Bunk bed ladder.

We need a ladder for the bunk bed in our Salem Cruise Lite 201bhxl. Having my son play spider man off our dinette to get to the top bunk isn’t really ideal. Saw some on Amazon in $50-$60 range but just wanted to know what other people use and recommend. Obviously space is at a premium so compact is good. Thanks!
Tatsngats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 10:25 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatsngats View Post
We need a ladder for the bunk bed in our Salem Cruise Lite 201bhxl. Having my son play spider man off our dinette to get to the top bunk isn’t really ideal. Saw some on Amazon in $50-$60 range but just wanted to know what other people use and recommend. Obviously space is at a premium so compact is good. Thanks!
Two options, buy the $41 something metal ladder at Amazon that looks very nice. Or, buy some 2x4s and build your own (could be the more expensive alternative depending on your carpentry skills and tools that you already have.) I'd recommend the first option!!
Schvarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 10:46 AM   #3

I have a Stromberg Carlson like the one on Amazon, works well and light weight.

No camper, currently
polishdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 04:16 PM   #4

Also bought the Stromberg Carlson ladder, had to cut off about 4" to make it angle correctly for my bunks. It is lightweight, and has hooks to lip over the bunk edge. I highly recommend it. I though long and hard about making a wooden one, but the effort and weight swayed me. Compare pricing on eBay and Amazon.
Boomerweps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 06:02 PM   #5

Thanks everybody. I ordered the Stromberg Carlson 60” one from Amazon. I got it used for $39. It is 47” from floor to top bunk so I will have to cut it as well. Boomerweps, how’d you cut yours and could you reuse the end caps?
Tatsngats is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, bunk