Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-08-2010, 08:27 PM   #1

Buying south of border

Hi everyone. I am looking at buying a new travel trailer from south of the border. I have found the price to be 10,000 less, even after exchange. I am just wondering if the warranty is still valid in Canada and if any dealers in Canada will do the work. I am looking at a new Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite. Any help would be great. I am looking at buying from RV direct and driving 1800 miles one way to pick it up. Thanks for any help or suggestions.
rigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 03:20 PM   #2
ve6dave

I am just working on finalizing a deal with RVdirect myself and we are planning a lengthy excursion to go and pick up our new trailer. We are looking at the Rockwood Roo 233S. From all the research that I have come across, there really didn't seem to be an "real" issue with warranty. The biggest issue was the fact that you can't return to your "local dealer" for that added customer touch. What could happen though is that the trailer or Motorhome will never breakdown or need warranty work on your driveway, but if something were to happen you will be miles away from your "local dealer" and therefore in the same boat and as eloquently put in one of the other forums, " the money you save on the purchase would more than cover what might be charged by a service department".
ve6dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 03:06 PM   #3

I was told it was warrantied in Canada but have not try yet. But as ve6dave stated with the amount you save who cares.
swayze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 01:15 PM   #4

the manufacturer can not force the local dealer to honor warranty, with that said if you save a lot of money then you probably achieved your objective. we bought from out of state also, saved a lot of money but we also bought from a very large well established dealership not an online broker which after the sale may not be able to help you with concerns. Our deal was through allseasons rv in michigan, we live a long way away and we have had a few issues, their service dept is always ready to help and have shipped us parts so just be sure whoeever you purchase through is there for the long haul.
commander ryker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
warranty