Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-30-2016, 11:53 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDHfan View Post
Here's what my Apex looks like in my entertainment center...
Attachment 112649
Attachment 112650
Attachment 112651
The middle picture says it all. Take your sat dish cable and connect to the outside connector. Find out which cable is coming from the outside connection to that plate in the middle pic. Take that cable off that board and connect it to the connector above- the one that has nothing to it. Once back in the wall, connect your cable from that top connection to your DirecTV receiver. From the receiver you connect to your TV via another short coax cable. Should say "out to TV" on the back of the receiver. Now you have to connect from the TV to the entertainment center, if you have one. If not, and you want your audio to come from the TV, you're done. If not, keep going.The way mine connects to the entertainment center is an HDMI cable from the back of the TV to the entertainment center. HDMI in. Mine is actually on the front of the center. Then make sure your input on the entertainment center is set to HDMI in.
I think those bottom connectors on that plate (middle pic) are for your OTA (Over The Air) TV. That's why that button is there- to turn the antenna booster on and off. This is how I had to connect my satellite setup on my previous RV. My new one is set up correctly, believe it or not. To watch OTA TV you simply disconnect that cable from the top of your plate and reconnect to the connector on the bottom and turn on the booster switch. Then you have to change the input on your TV (which should be in SAT mode) to cable/antenna mode and have it scan for channels. Now this is all on the premise that the outside connector cable ties directly into that plate. Whew! Sounds a little complicated, but once you do it it makes sense. Now, to further complicate things, if you want to watch cable TV that the campground provides, hook up a cable from their source to that outside connector, then do the cable switch thing on the plate. (Move from top to bottom connector on plate) I hope this works and good luck! If you have any more questions or something doesn't seem right, post directly to this post, and we'll try again!
RangeMaggotBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 07:50 AM   #22

Cable/satellite hookups

I pulled the one marked "cable," plugged it into the empty connection, then connected to my Directv. Started right up, no problem. Thanks all for the input. I can now watch the Pirates as they continue on their hot streak. 😎
I'd also like to take my hat off to the people at Coachmen's Apex Division... They've been extremely helpful and courteous both times I've contacted them over the past three years. Thank you!
Old 07-07-2016, 08:29 PM   #23

If I had known you were a Pirates fan, things might have been a little different- as in wrong...

Glad you got it going!
RangeMaggotBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 06:29 PM   #24

I know it has been a while since you posted, but I am having a similar issue on my 2016 apex ultra lite. Which one of the three is the cable wire? We have tried everything and can't get into the dealer so I was hoping we could figure it out here. There was a diagram drawing when I first pulled this up and now it's gone. Not sure why!
Mikemiller69gs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 08:51 PM   #25

You want the one marked "cable" behind the plate. It's pretty small lettering, but it's there. The other one is marked "antenna." The third was marked "TV2" and went to my outdoor TV. If you email Apex (we're on the road and I don't have access to the contact info) with your model, I'm sure they'll have an answer (with pics) within a couple days.

Tags
satellite