RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 07-18-2017, 09:05 AM   #61

Iím going to revisit this thread with another update. Because the issues with my truck were known flaws with the 6.4 diesel engine and because I began experiencing one of those issues intermittently with less than 6,000 miles on the truck I sent a letter to Ford Customer Service. I was also very unhappy with such a costly repair with less than 69,000 miles on the truck. Not exactly ďFord ToughĒ if you ask me.

I really feel the issue with the sticking EGR valve should be covered by Ford because that was an issue I experienced with low miles on the truck. The Ford dealer kept telling me they couldnít replicate the problem so they couldnít fix it. I sent the letter to Ford along with documentation almost 2 weeks ago. So far I havenít had a much as a courtesy reply telling me they received my correspondence and will get back to me or that they are looking into the matter. At this point Iím unimpressed with Ford Motor Company and their customer service.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 07:06 AM   #62

Ford Motor Company put a different spin on my complaint about major repairs on a diesel engine with 68,000 miles. They put the blame on the local Ford dealer. This response from Ford is unacceptable. No more Fords for me.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 04:56 PM   #63

That is a tough pill to swallow. I do know if you no longer want to worry about the EGR issue you can have it deleted.

Btw ty for this post. My wife and I are now interested in this campground. We tend to like the corps parks and this one is ideal with lakefront sites! We are headed to Ray Behrens Friday.
ProCharger is offline   Reply With Quote