Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-18-2021, 12:24 PM   #1

Camper covers

we own a 28' FOREST RIVER VIBE we have a disagreement over cover or not cover and if so any suggestions?
greg mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 12:35 PM   #2
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg mac View Post
we own a 28' FOREST RIVER VIBE we have a disagreement over cover or not cover and if so any suggestions?
Greg, welcome to the forum, I see it is your 1st post.

You are not going to get much information on your question by piggybacking onto another thread about something totally different than your issue.

Ask the mods to move your thread to a place in the forum more appropriate.

Days Camped: '17=38 '18=49 '19=58 '20=110 '21=116 '22=88
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 06:55 AM   #3

Where do you live? If you live in areas that get freezing weather do you plan a winter or early spring trip?

Pros and cons to covers.

On the up side they reduce UV damage and also reduce chances of water damage from roof leaks.

One downside I'm aware of is it can freeze to the camper. Not an issue if you plan to store until well into spring. One of my brothers covered his TT in late fall but planned a trip south before the normal thaw. When he went to get ready for his trip he found the cover frozen to the camper. He had to cut it off to make his departure date.

I plan to cover my TT this winter.
Old 10-19-2021, 07:31 AM   #4

Are you talking covering over the winter or every time you park it? If mine is sitting for extended periods of time, usually just over the winter months when not used, I cover it. During the spring and summer months when it gets one or two trips a month, it is not covered, just washed and waxed as needed. I guess it depends on how nice you want it to stay.
Old 10-19-2021, 09:11 AM   #5
Site Team

I personally think covers are more trouble than what they are worth. Driving through my campground I can probably count on one hand the number of people that actually use them.

They are expensive, they seem to only last a year or two, they are a pain to put on and take off, and if you don't tie them down enough they can flap in the wind and leave marks on your RV.
Iwritecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 06:34 PM   #6

Cover your tires.
2015 Roo 21BD-L'ABode
lablover is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camper