Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-05-2017, 02:01 PM   #1

Campers that never leave their camper.

I have noticed that just about every time we go camping there is always one camper that the people never come outside. They may come out for a minute but they go right back in. Does anyone else find that strange or see this on a regular basis. I know it is a free country and you can camp how you want to but I just find it odd.
mblee21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 02:07 PM   #2

Don't think it's strange at all. Their ideas of relaxing and enjoying time away from home are different from others.

Now, if I was the one paying for their trailer and campground I might question why they don't get out, but I'm not.

So to each their own. I love getting out and kayaking, hiking, fishing, golfing etc...
I also LOVE relaxing in a nice recliner with an ac vent blowing on me and a tv with my satellite hooked up.
2016 Ford F350 XLT 6.7 Powerstroke DRW 4X4
2016 Brookstone 395RL
dwayneb236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 02:07 PM   #3

I've seen that a lot as well. We are normally out doing things, but there has been a few occasions where my son got sick, or we are just all tired and need a day to chill in the AC.
K2Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 02:13 PM   #4

They [emoji102] out curtains and see you "staring" and have a phobia of being stalked by people in the park.
OR; not overly sociable.
Seriously, not everyone has the overt personality many "campers"
demonstrate.
Enjoy your time out there [emoji15][emoji122]
SilverbackMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 02:18 PM   #5

We generally destination camp and are out during the day sight seeing. We may take one day and hang back and chill in the 5'er depending on how many days we have. We try to spend as much time outside as possible but sometimes DW allergies are so bad she's miserable and being inside is the only way to get them under control.
2013 Cardinal 3030RLS - sold
jtaylor1920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 02:20 PM   #6

For me, "camping" is all about the great outdoors, but RVing is all about traveling and not being home, and I don't necessarily equate camping and RVing. Sometimes we enjoy sitting by the fire, and hanging out outside the camper. Sometimes we are only there in the evenings because we are off site seeing during the day, and sometimes we just sit inside, watch a movie, play some board games, and just be free from all the things that are at home. So I don't really think anything of it. As long as they are enjoying their time, then that's really all that matters in my mind. I also know a few RVers that love traveling in their RV, but their allergies can be really bad, and in those times and/or places, they really cant be outside for any extended period of time.

Old 07-05-2017, 02:53 PM   #7

allergies X2
I have know other people that had disabilities that enjoyed camping, but couldn't go outside for any length of time.
Wattsworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 03:04 PM   #8

It depends on a couple of things for me, if we are outside or stay in. One is this just a one night stand or are we going to stay awhile. If it is just a one night stand, I will have a pull thru site and not even unhook. I will just transition from the truck to the camper. We will eat and stay in for the night getting ready to leave the next morning nice and early for our next place of visit.

If we our staying than we will be outside unless it is the deep south with high humidity and 90+ temps. Than it is AC and inside for me but I try not to go below the Mason-Dixon line in the summer months.
Old 07-05-2017, 03:05 PM   #9

I don't worry about other campers unless they are doing something to disturb my peace. Hiding in their RV doesn't count.
seagrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 03:07 PM   #10

You Never know why, maybe the guy is lucky or his spouse wants several days of quality bedroom time. When we go on long trips I always want a couple days to just sit around and cook, drink some good whiskey and keep to myself or drink with a neighbor.

2013 Forest River Salem/Sport Fifth WHL
2017 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax/Allison
Curt Q20 Fifth wheel, Champion Inverter3500
US Army Retired
Bikersarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 03:08 PM   #11

Cardinals might be playing!

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 03:10 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
Cardinals might be playing!
Yup, that could be it for sure.

2013 Forest River Salem/Sport Fifth WHL
2017 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax/Allison
Curt Q20 Fifth wheel, Champion Inverter3500
US Army Retired
Bikersarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 03:26 PM   #13

I might be one of those. I work M-F out of the Camper so I am stuck inside. My kids do schoolwork while I work so they aren't outside all that much either. When we have the time we definitely go outside and you may never know because we are usually gone all day on the weekends. Now that i think about this more, we don't usually hang out right outside the camper, we are either off sight seeing or stuck inside doing work/schoolwork.

MISSION COMPLETED!
gectisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 03:32 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikersarge View Post
You Never know why, maybe the guy is lucky or his spouse wants several days of quality bedroom time. When we go on long trips I always want a couple days to just sit around and cook, drink some good whiskey and keep to myself or drink with a neighbor.
Amen!
modemem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 04:01 PM   #15

Our camper is our "hotel room on wheels". We travel to see and experience our beautiful country. And because we don't tow, we use our Class C as our vehicle, thus most of our activities are done before we set up at the campground. We hike, we sight see, take boat tours, etc. but all are completed before getting to the campground. Once back at camp, we enjoy making dinner and relaxing and sometimes that's all done inside the camper. So we might be "one of those", too.
Old 07-05-2017, 04:12 PM   #16

I am kind of like that, but you will see me outside more than some of the campers in our party. I usually leave with list of "to dos" while I am there, but usually something else comes up. Cooking, cleaning, crappy weather or unknown things to do. I was gonna make gumbo last weekend....well I left the propane cooker and didn't want to buy anything else. I wasn't cooking inside for two reasons #1 it's gumbo and we can smell that for 2 years #2 hot and humid and the 30 amp connection had me on 1 a/c.

I tend to be happy doing what I want. Kids swim and mess around depending on the season. Wife usually has to work... so we are close most of the time. I project and mind the kids and GS. Mostly I cook and clean up after the kids. Not much room for mess in our RV.
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 04:24 PM   #17

I,m not sayin there Aliens , Butt,,,,,,,,,
Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0 gas
Sailor Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 06:22 PM   #18

A lot of the time I'm just traveling and I'm tired. When it's cold outside I'm inside where it warm and when it's hot I'm inside where it's cool. If I'm in the campground for a few days I get out and meet people. I don't swim nor do I hike any now, DW doesn't hike, well from the truck to the camper. We were somewhere at a campground the other day and someone asked if I was Irish and I said no I'm lazy which about sums it up
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 06:45 PM   #19

In this hot Texas sun staying inside is sometimes an attractive option.
Andersen hitch
CedarCreekWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 09:38 PM   #20

When I owned a popup camper, I used to think those people were weird. Our camper was for sleeping and that was about it.

Now that we have our travel trailer, I kinda get it. I mean, I don't have a ton of space like a huge 5th wheel, but its enough that the wife and I can watch a movie in the back while the kids sleep in their bunks in the front without it being a huge problem.

We went camping a few weekends ago, and it was hot as heck. We'd just got a new puppy and we wanted to get her out in the camper and get her used to it. She did great, and was very well behaved.

and her and big dog got along well in the camper

but it was hot and we didn't go out much. Honestly, I didn't even setup any chairs outside. I went out to cook some meat on the grill in the afternoon, to take the dogs for walks, and that was about it. I'm an avid fisherman, and I was 50 feet from the water where I've seen guys limit out on crappie in half an hour, and it was too hot to even coax me out there for that.

So now, I kinda get it. Wife and I relaxed inside in the evenings, watched movies, played cards and drank some good beer.
lugoismad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camper