Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-04-2013, 12:43 PM   #1

Campground near Augusta,MO?

Does anyone know of a nice campground around Augusta MO? DW and I are going to the Missouri wine country and I'd rather camp than drive home
Kramalotin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 10:55 AM   #2
Broken Toe

Despite what it proclaims on its website, I would hesitate to say that Augusta is in the wine country of Missouri. The real wine country is near Hermann, which is about 40 miles away from Augusta. Augusta is very small and has practically zero amenities for camping. The closest camping that would be worth going to is Pin Oak Creek which is about 20 miles from Augusta.

Welcome to Pin Oak Creek RV Park

Hermann has a city park with campsites. The DW and I just stayed there a few weeks ago. Make sure you get a full hookup site. The electric only sites can be in a parking lot far from the shower house. I recommend full hookup site 7, 8 or 9.

http://hermannmo.com/pages/community...mpgrounds.html

Tim

"Camper" 2016
Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329ss
"Casper" 2017 Ram 2500 Laramie Diesel
..ProPride 3P Hitch - "Yeah. It's worth it."
Cowracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:42 AM   #3
daydreaming about camping

Mount Pleasant in Augusta is actually one of my favorites, but cow racer is correct, not too close to the others in Herman.

Probably closer is Babler State Park. We have stayed there and enjoyed it quite a bit. Very pretty park with nice trails and nicely laid out campground. However, like many MO state parks, it does not have full hook-ups.
Dr. Edmund A. Babler Memorial State Park | Missouri State Parks

2013 Coachmen Freedom Express 320BHDS pulled by a 2005 F250 King Ranch CC

A rainy day camping is better than a sunny day at work.
jeeplj8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:11 PM   #4

Thanks for the comments! Had hoped to squeeze in a little camping but I guess we'll just go for the day.
Kramalotin is offline   Reply With Quote