Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-16-2014, 09:01 PM   #1

Camping Destinations

Wanted to share something that DW and I find very interesting, especially as we live out our preparations for our Bucket List Alaska Trip in May. A little over a year ago, we decided that we would take our 2003 Sunnybrook TT to Alaska, we wanted something brand new to take some of the worry out of going, plus the Sunnybrook was already set up on our deeded lot at Talking Rock Creek RV Resort here in the North Georgia Mountains. The purchase of our Crusader 270 RET (limited production model) was out choice and looked to be a very comfortable coach and easy to pull. For a year now we have been preparing almost on a weekly basis as we have purchased every map we can get our hands on that covers our journey. In order to make this trip of a lifetime and the later work for the Corp of Engineers as Park Attendants, we made the decision to sell our home of eighteen years. The acceptance by the Corp really made up our minds. Two weeks ago we met with a real estate agent and on Friday the Feb. 7th, we listed the house. Within three days we had the house sold to the second person that inspected it. Now a week later, we have until March 27th to be out the door. Moving into the Sunnybrook is also a dream we had of down sizing at some given time, like now. That means, for part of March and most of April will be at Talking Rock enjoying our ole faithful Sunnybrook TT. In making plans for our journey, we met a couple here on the Forum that are around our age, that are also making the same journey the first of May, what a coincidence, now we have made friends with Hank and his bride, and we four our getting together somewhere out there and journey to Canada and Alaska, how kool is that. Prayers do get answered, our have. DW wife secretly drew a cartoon some years ago dreaming about where she wanted to be in 2014, did I tell she was also retiring May 1, 2014. In her cartoon, had drawn a TT, parked under an awning, with a nice Flower Bed and green grass, the Sunnybrook is now exactly that at Talking Rock. In the cartoon, she also had drawn another coach, 5th Wheel of course traveling up the road as marked on the map, Too Alaska. We are both flabbergasted over this story and dreams made years ago. If not for the Forum, no doubt we would be making this journey probably by ourselves. Now we have friends who have been to Alaska previously and knows all the end's and out's of what we need to do.
Wanted to share such a neat story with ours that may be thinking about this journey down the road. Dream ahead, plan ahead, and ask in those prayers. Blessings,
Kickster:

Left Photo: SunnyBrook at Talking Rock.....Right Photo: Crusader 270RET
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P4060004.JPG
Views:	143
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	46351   Click image for larger version

Name:	P9290032.JPG
Views:	133
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	46352  
2012 Jeep Compass Limited
1985 S-10 One Owner:
LKicklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 09:53 PM   #2

Thanks for sharing and what an awesome story! The DW and I also have dreams of the AK trip upon retirement, which is 10yrs+ out. We are taking our first AK cruise this summer and hope to meet up with some friends who are RVing there on their 5th trip. I wish you safe travels and wonderful memories. RV ON!!
Airlift system/on board compressor

speedcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 10:08 PM   #3

You have brought happy tears to my eyes. I am so happy for you. Enjoy your life and continue checking items off that bucket list!
Sbryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 10:13 PM   #4

Great story and very happy that everything in the cartoon worked out!
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 10:24 PM   #5

Please post a journal of your trip with pictures. There was another couple who made the trip in an A-frame and their story was fascinating to read. Enjoy!

Randy and Patty
2015 Sabre 33 CKTS-6 Platinum Edition
Reese 16K Slider hitch
2015 GMC Sierra 3500HD diesel dually
Old car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 03:19 PM   #6

Color me green with envy!! Our retirement come December 31st this year. Both my DH and I are trying to decide what our first trip will be May 2015. Alaska is a big one to consider, maybe if we could hook up with another new or season AK traveler. I wish you tons of fun and much joy as you start your new adventures.

Tags
camping