Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-28-2011, 10:36 AM   #1

Camping is done but snow removal is here

I know it is off the wall, but we had an 8" snowfall here in the North/East yesterday and it is snowing again right now.
I bought a new snowblower before Thankgiving and got to use it yesterday for the first time, It works great. The snow that fell was wet and the snowblower was blowing approx 40'.

I have 40' openning to my driveway and the snow plows like to pile the snow up in front of my driveway....No more hours of digging, i blow it right back at them.

I hope that anyone that needed one got them before they were gone, and around here they were gone by Christmas.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 10:41 AM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Bought my Toro 1028XLE in 2003. Best investment I ever made. That is one bad @$$ machine. I had no problems last year when the blizzards hit. I'm sure the neighbors were happy with me at 5:10 AM yesterday out there clearing out my driveway so I could get out and go to work.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 10:44 AM   #3

I have heard of such creatures but have not actually seen one myself. wasn't for sure if they were myth or fact!

Just kidding Wade & cfsoistman. Good to hear your getting good use out of it. I imagine they're not cheap, but they probably pay for themselves the first time you need it.
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 10:57 AM   #4
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Name:   sn_pwrmx_1028_38644_l_CO2355_xl.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  23.9 KB

Actually bought mine in July of 2003. The place I bought it had interest free payments for one year and it was on sale. They've gone up about $500 since I got mine though. The one thing I really like is it's reliable. Starts on one or two pulls or I can plug it in and use the electric starter.
It's still quite a bit of work but it beats the pants off of shoveling. My back appreciates it the most!!!

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Old 01-28-2011, 11:03 AM   #5

Gary, we had 46" of snow over 4 days last year and i got caught with my pants down...NO, i do not live in a nudiest area. I have a small snowblower that you have to push into the snow to make it work. I had posted pic of the snow last year.

The shovel and hours of digging out is over, so the money spent is worth it and i don't have to wonder if my wife is looking out the window with the phone in her hand waiting to call 911.

Here is a pic when i frist bought it, 30' 537cc Craftsman with heated handles, i could fell the heat from the handles with gloves on.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	snow blower.jpg
Views:	542
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	4316  
Old 01-28-2011, 11:10 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Man, I see where you guys have been hit this year. We have had snow arournd us at all 4 compass points, but here we are just getting a couple of inches at a time.....not like last year. Since y'all are showing off your machines, I gotta do the same.

Name:   IMG_1431.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  19.9 KB

The new snowblower is why we are not getting snow this year.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 11:15 AM   #7

That looks like it would do the trick. Heated handles? Man that's got to be nice.
I don't believe I could handle living in the type climate you guys experience.

I should be ashamed for telling you this, especially with the weather conditions your experiencing right now, but it's a little after 10 am, 54° and should reach near 70° today and tomorrow. That's unusally warm this time of year.

I'm headed out in a couple of minutes to "play" with the trailer. Probably will give it a good washing this afternoon.

Stay safe and warm.
Gary
Old 01-28-2011, 11:20 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by grhodes50 View Post
That looks like it would do the trick. Heated handles? Man that's got to be nice.
I don't have the heated handes on mine.

Quote:
We got it made here compared to our Canadian friends to the north.

Quote:
I should be ashamed for telling you this, especially with the weather conditions your experiencing right now, but it's a little after 10 am, 54° and should reach near 70° today and tomorrow. That's unusally warm this time of year.

I'm headed out in a couple of minutes to "play" with the trailer. Probably will give it a good washing this afternoon.

Stay safe and warm.
Rub it in, will ya.

Old 01-28-2011, 11:20 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnguy View Post
Man, I see where you guys have been hit this year. We have had snow arournd us at all 4 compass points, but here we are just getting a couple of inches at a time.....not like last year. Since y'all are showing off your machines, I gotta do the same.

Attachment 4317

The new snowblower is why we are not getting snow this year.
Chap, is your orange? and i see Charlies is red both cool colors. Here in Maryland i am surprised that we don't have a purple one for the Ravens.
Old 01-28-2011, 11:22 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockwood06 View Post
Chap, is your orange? and i see Charlies is red both cool colors. Here in Maryland i am surprised that we don't have a purple one for the Ravens.
Yes, mine is bright orange. The colors clash with my maroon truck, and John Deere tractor, but compliment my Stilh equipment colors.

Old 01-28-2011, 11:27 AM   #11
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
After this year's performance I'd be worried it would work well for 3/4 of the time I used it!

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Old 01-28-2011, 11:29 AM   #12

Quote:

Stay safe and warm.
Gary

Gary, that's nice our day is coming and by the way thanks for the warm thoughts i will think 70 the next time i am blowing snow....Have a good one.
Old 01-28-2011, 11:40 AM   #13

Quote:
They should make PINK ones so the DW can do it Come to think of it they could do a whole range in PINK, log splitters, cement mixers, mowers
Nigels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 04:29 PM   #14

Just thought I might "rub it in" some more.
I got through washing the trailer at 2:30 pm, 71° and sunny.
The high gloss finnish sure looks nice. The pics don't show it very well, but here's a few anyways.
Wade, maybe these pics will help warm you up some.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Front.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	4318   Click image for larger version

Name:	Side.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	4319   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rear.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	4320   Click image for larger version

Name:	Trailer Shine.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	4321  
Old 01-28-2011, 06:43 PM   #15
DLC

We are just outside of (25 miles) opf Buffalo. I believe we will have a continous snowfall until May, which brings me to my question; As a new RV owner (will be picking up May 14th) what is the best way to "co0ver" in the winter? I have a large garage but did not anticipate ever having an RV so I built with a 10 foot door. I have heard covers trap moisture and cause havoc, Now looking at carports and then would add a cover also. Thoughts on this???
DLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 07:15 PM   #16
Site Team - Lou

My vote is no cover (so far). I do cover the air conditioner to keep leaves and such out. The camper does get dirty, but it is easy to clean. Inspecting the roof and interior through the winter is easier uncovered as well.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 09:06 PM   #17

i don't have a picture of mine but it has helped me move tons of snow over the years i bought it back in 91 for 575 dollars 10 hp 34 inch cut that thing would trow snow 30 ft into the air i have been babying it along for the last coupl years but it will still start with 1 pull and still beats pushing snow
j2detroit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 09:32 PM   #18

Quote:
Just thought I might "rub it in" some more.
I got through washing the trailer at 2:30 pm, 71° and sunny.
The high gloss finnish sure looks nice. The pics don't show it very well, but here's a few anyways.
Wade, maybe these pics will help warm you up some.
Gary, you sure do know how to rub it in. I see you have no snow that makes me warm enough and your camper looks great.
Old 01-28-2011, 09:44 PM   #19

Quote:
Gary, you sure do know how to rub it in. I see you have no snow that makes me warm enough and your camper looks great.
I'm enjoying it now, but by Sunday evening it's going to start turning colder with a forecast of rain. It will continue to get colder and by Tuesday a good chance of snow!

If I can make it up your way do you think I could borrow that snow blower? I gotta try out those heated handles!

j2detroit
i don't have a picture of mine but it has helped me move tons of snow over the years i bought it back in 91 for 575 dollars 10 hp 34 inch cut that thing would trow snow 30 ft into the air i have been babying it along for the last coupl years but it will still start with 1 pull and still beats pushing snow

No pics? OK, but what color is it?
Old 01-28-2011, 09:51 PM   #20

Quote:
I'm enjoying it now, but by Sunday evening it's going to start turning colder with a forecast of rain. It will continue to get colder and by Tuesday a good chance of snow!

If I can make it up your way do you think I could borrow that snow blower? I gotta try out those heated handles!

j2detroit

No pics? OK, but what color is it?
Gary,yes you can, and i will make sure you have a full tank of gas in the snow blower and no need to bring gloves.