Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2018, 08:38 AM   #61
Insert witty title here

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad297 View Post
I see several versions of the CHRISTian saint of children (and sailors). I see a CHRISTmas tree and I see one of the wise men. I don’t think you have to see CHRIST to believe he is there.

Bruce

Same can be said for Santa Claus, Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy and a slew of others too. They must be real also since I read about them in a book that was probably published by the same company who published yours.

2021 Transcend Xplor 247BH
Husky WDH with Sway Control
2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT 6.6L V8 Duramax
Forever in my memory. Forever in my heart.
Laurie J. Wood 3/22/67 - 8/23/19
timfromma is offline   Reply
Old 08-04-2018, 08:44 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by timfromma View Post
Same can be said for Santa Claus, Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy and a slew of others too. They must be real also since I read about them in a book that was probably published by the same company who published yours.
I guess you missed my mention of the Christian saint of children and sailors, who is Saint Nicholas, who later became known as Santa Claus.

Bruce
Old 08-04-2018, 08:48 AM   #63

Please don't turn this thread into a religious discussion, it's a guaranteed way to get the thread closed or deleted.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply
Old 08-04-2018, 08:58 AM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
Please don't turn this thread into a religious discussion, it's a guaranteed way to get the thread closed or deleted.
Or politics. I may have to delete my elephant comment.
Old 08-04-2018, 09:03 AM   #65

Quote:
You are right about what happens with religious discussions in non-related forums, but my comments were not “faith” based. I just pointed out some facts which bolstered youroo’s comment that was later criticized as being inaccurate.

Bruce
Old 08-04-2018, 09:09 AM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdub2 View Post
Just because some campers don't like their site lit up doesn't mean I can't .as long as there are no park rules I'll
continue to put my lites out. I paid for my site just worry about your site I'll worry about mine. I always turn them
off when i turn in.
Just because you can doesn't mean you should. I believe in not infringing on others. One of the reasons i'm sure most all of us go camping is to get away from the city and all its noise, lights etc.
Stevejfy is offline   Reply
Old 08-04-2018, 09:26 AM   #67

X2!
Old 08-04-2018, 10:47 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevejfy View Post
Just because you can doesn't mean you should. I believe in not infringing on others. One of the reasons i'm sure most all of us go camping is to get away from the city and all its noise, lights etc.
O well don't really care.
Gdub2 is offline   Reply
Old 08-04-2018, 03:23 PM   #69

Quote:
So I'm guessing this would be a no-no too?

Attachment 181939
ROFL!!!! Ya think???
Bev4banff53 is offline   Reply
Old 08-04-2018, 03:25 PM   #70

Quote:
X2
Old 08-04-2018, 03:30 PM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaineCampingFan View Post
You know, its true. With lights off and eyes adjusted, it's amazing how the human eye can detect even the slightest amount of light source. I've found that out on the lake and I'm looking at something, to look just ever so slightly to the side rather than direct at it.
I agree! I went on a photography expedition with National Geographic once where we would be hiking at night. When I asked if we needed to bring flashlights, our leader told us, "No, your eyes will adjust. No lights needed." And, of course they did.

I really don't mind people having lights around their TT; just turn them off around 10 pm, just like you would be expected to reduce noise and activity. It's just being respectful to your neighbors, I think.
Old 08-04-2018, 03:48 PM   #72

‘respectful’ is a good term, as some may do tgings one way at their home, while others might not - respectful means realizing that others, especially those near you, might not ‘enjoy’ the same things - the ‘quite time’ rule should govern your actions when it comes to these things.
A reminder was just yesterday morning, and pretty early since no one else was yet stirring in the campground - a man next door probably didn’t realize it, but as he was walking around his trailer during his early morning rounds, and was WHISTLING loudly the song ‘Daydream Believer’(by the Monkeys, whoever they are!)... while a little annoying at first, I’m actually amazed that I knew the song ... sad : )

He’s a whistler, and by that I mean, like me, people who whistle sometimes don’t even realize they are doing it - It might be one of those ‘respectful’ things Not to do while near other campers, but you have to really pay attention or you could ‘annoy’ others, even with the least intentions.
formerFR is offline   Reply
Old 08-04-2018, 05:01 PM   #73

Quote:
But not all of us....... we go to see what the city, noise and lights are all about.

We had 4 deer across the road from the house a few minutes ago nice to watch. And no it wasn't a Deere today anyway.........

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is online now   Reply
Old 08-04-2018, 05:26 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm-dee View Post
Or politics. I may have to delete my elephant comment.

You are so funny!!!
Old 08-04-2018, 05:34 PM   #75
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

Quote:
One of the reasons i'm sure most all of us go camping is to get away from the city and all its noise, lights etc.
I go camping so I can get some use out of that $50,000 box on wheels I bought three years ago...

JohnD10 is offline   Reply
Old 08-04-2018, 05:43 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by timfromma View Post
Oh damn... For once I'm on the same side of the discussion as you are. I have to sit down for a spell..............
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is online now   Reply
Old 08-04-2018, 07:52 PM   #77

I’m afraid of the dark, if camping by myself all the lights in the camper will be on and outside too. I’ll even have a few flashlights in the camper in case the electric goes out. Lights in the campground doesn’t bother me, it’s the lack of lights. It’s really the reason I take DW along, well that and the money.
spock123 is offline   Reply
Old 08-04-2018, 07:58 PM   #78

Now that's just funny spock....
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is online now   Reply
Old 08-04-2018, 08:23 PM   #79
Site Team

This thread has been closed as it has diverged into several controversial areas that have become disruptive to forum harmony and violate site rules.

As a reminder:
General discussions of politics, general government policies, weaponry, gun rights and religion are not allowed in ANY areas of the forum. Discussions about current or pending legislation or regulations, weapons and religion that directly pertain to RVing are acceptable but will be closed or removed if they wander off topic or become disruptive.

The Site Team
Bob

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is online now   Reply
Closed Thread

Tags
camping, light