Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-03-2018, 08:55 AM   #21
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManlyMan View Post
BTW, I've never experienced a timeshare sales pitch.
Nor have I since I start saying "No, no... thank you, no... no way" when I step up on the curb.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115; Booked for 2022 = 41
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 08:57 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post
Nor have I since I start saying "No, no... thank you, no... no way" when I step up on the curb.
I see you've been to the CW in Denton.
Old 03-03-2018, 09:04 AM   #23
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKRITTER View Post
I see you've been to the CW in Denton.
Exactly!! It's only 55 miles from my house! I got a really good deal on a replacement awning after a nasty storm... BUT their installer cut off one of my rain drip spouts to make his installation easier. I didn't notice it when I left, but the next time I passed the store on my way to Hickory Creek COE park, I stopped and complained. The manager looked in his records, hunted down the tech and made him replace the spout.
CW bought the RV-MAXX store in Sherman (I pass it 3-4 times per week). They call themselves an RV Sales store (don't have all the doo-dads Denton has) but you can't walk between their lot specimens - they have them jammed in like sardines.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115; Booked for 2022 = 41
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 01:27 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManlyMan View Post
BTW, I've never experienced a timeshare sales pitch.

You really haven't lived until you have. It only takes one to get you conditioned for all the other high-pressure sales tactics employed in other businesses.

Had a similar experience at the largest RV Dealer in my area. Looked around and had a salesman following me like a hungry street dog. When I didn't see what I wanted and was leaving he grabbed my arm.

I stopped and asked him to call an ambulance. He asked me if I was having a medical problem. I told him no, he was about to suffer a badly broken arm and he might as well get help on the way early.

CW, on the other hand during my visit yesterday was very pleasant. During my shopping the call of nature called. I asked one of the sales staff if they would watch my puppy in my cart while I "made my bladder gladder". Came back and there were three employees making my little Shih-Tsu the happiest pup in the county with head, back, and rump, scratches. Dog didn't want to leave when I was done.

The cashier did go through the full list of offerings however. CW Visa, Extend Membership in Good Sam, just like the "hot apple pie" at McDonalds but a simple no was good enough and no further pressure.

Would I buy an RV from Camping World? Wasn't even on my shopping list when I bought my new one last year. Didn't have any brand/floor plans I was interested in. Otherwise I might, price being competitive.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2004 Nissan Titan
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 01:38 PM   #25

Camping World?

We did buy our used one from them. 12 - 15 grand less than any other one I could find in the country. And was less than the NADA value so worked out well for us.

No paperwork until PDI was done and everything we wanted fixed was. Even replaced a door in between initial visit and when we went to finalize. Overall a good buying experience.

That said they are same as everyone else business wise, some good, some not. Doesnít matter the business.
Old 03-04-2018, 12:02 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumpster808 View Post
We did buy our used one from them. 12 - 15 grand less than any other one I could find in the country. And was less than the NADA value so worked out well for us.

No paperwork until PDI was done and everything we wanted fixed was. Even replaced a door in between initial visit and when we went to finalize. Overall a good buying experience.

That said they are same as everyone else business wise, some good, some not. Doesnít matter the business.

Gotta go to the deal. I had some issues but made right in the end. I would consider rebuying from them.

Tags
camping