Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-28-2013, 11:36 AM   #1
Graduate Member

Camping World coming to Columbia MO!

Just saw the old Loveall's RV dealership in columbia, MO (exit 133 on I-70) was completely empty and a huge sign hung on the side of the building saying "Camping World coming this summer".

That will be 5 minutes from my house!

I'm like a kid on christmas morning I'm so excited! I've been bugging the wife to let us drive 4 hours to the next closest one just to go window shopping. And now.....5 minutes away!

2012 - 26 days

RoadTrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:39 AM   #2

Thats awesome! I get to the one in Springfield a few times a year...CoMo is much closer to St. Louis! Now to just get them to put one here!
Nights Camped 2016: 32
ryand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:13 PM   #3

HOLY COW!! Did Loveall's go out of business or did they relocate? That was a huge dealership.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:34 PM   #4

Loveall RV replaced by Camping World - Columbia Daily Tribune : Street Talk

looks like they are ready to let someone else run the show...appears they are leasing to CW.
Nights Camped 2016: 32
ryand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:44 PM   #5
Graduate Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
HOLY COW!! Did Loveall's go out of business or did they relocate? That was a huge dealership.
We didn't drive down to the lot to see any moving signs, but my guess is out of business.

When we first started shopping, we skipped them b/c their website showed zero class Cs. Stopped in on a whim (on the way home from StL doing our RV shopping) and come to find out they contracted away the rights to maintain their own website so some computer dudes out of state are running it and answering the online questions.

It was so bad I even double checked the website and asked the chat salesperson if they were open on sunday (they are) and if they had any class Cs (lots). I was told they are never open on sundays and they had no class Cs.

And just checked again - now it's down altogether. Doesn't seem like a coincidence that web contract expires and dealership closes...

Loveall RVs|#1 Missouri RV Dealer proudly carries Coachmen, Fleetwood, Forest River, Four Winds, Keystone, Palomino, P > Home
2012 - 26 days

RoadTrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:06 PM   #6

We've seen 2 large private RV dealerships in our general area go Camping World in the last couple of years. I wonder if they are not doing any "grass Roots " facilities any more?
SimchaSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:10 PM   #7

had a CW open up about a mile from me, worst dealership I have ever encountered, they actually took a deposit from me for a 5th wheel on saturday and sold it to someone else on sunday, I stopped by on Monday to check on the prep. as they were to deliver it to me on weds, at that time they took me in the back showed the unit being prepped. I told them I was going up to the Ford dealer as my truck was not capable of towing the new unit and they said fine, see you weds. got a call while i was signing papers for the new truck telling me everything was fine on there end with one exception, they sold the unit to someone else and they would have to find me another one. At that time i told them where they could park the next one and demanded my money back, got calls from Marcus lemonis, who is CEO and many managers saying they would make it right, after 4 weeks nothing came of it and I bought from my small town dealer, will never go back.
bob34787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:49 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTrip View Post
Just saw the old Loveall's RV dealership in columbia, MO (exit 133 on I-70) was completely empty and a huge sign hung on the side of the building saying "Camping World coming this summer".

SWEET!
2021 Chevy Silverado 3500HD DRW 4X4 Duramax
“It's not how old you are, it's how you are old.”Jules Renard
"It's not the years...it's the mileage." - Indiana Jones
Capt. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:49 PM   #9

Back in 2007 we were in the market for a new Wildcat FW and at the time Loveall's carried that line. Their price for the unit we were looking at (28RKBS) was outrageous. We ended up buying that same model at a dealership in Festus, MO at a price that was $10,000 lower.

Our daughter lives in Columbia so I guess I'll be stopping at Camping World from now on when we drive to her house for a visit. The last time we visited was Thanksgiving and Loveall's lot was full at that time.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote