Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-13-2014, 07:52 PM   #1

Cardinal Winter Minnesota

I know I asked yesterday and got a few opinions, but I just want to throw out one more time if anybody agrees or disagrees if a cardinal can make it through a Minnesota winter. I've done some research read a bunch of blogs and I'm still a little bit torn. Is there any Other Forest River models that might make it better? Or does anybody have an opinion about Arctic Fox? If we went with dual pane windows heat tape floor heaters is that enough? Does anybody know if Forest River would add extra insulation?
bswagg200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 09:10 AM   #2

If I had to be in MN for the winter, it would be in a house with very good heat. While the are a few RVs that are built to handle cold weather, I know of none that I would want to spend the winter in MN in. You have had a very cold winter. The company that I work for has three offices in MN and two in ND and I travel there several times a year, from May thru mid October, in May the weather is just starting to be ok.
I would think that if you spent a MN winter in a fith wheel the heat would be running day and night and you would also need electric heaters also?
I know people that spend winters in an Arcti Fox in Washington state but I would think that MN would be to cold. Good Luck and to bad that you just can't go to south Florida for the winter.
whj77372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 09:20 AM   #3

I would rent a house or apt to stay in for the winter. I assume that winters there are similar to winters here in MT. No way would I ever choose to battle winter in an RV where I live.
Mtelkman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cardinal, winter