Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-04-2018, 07:26 PM   #1

Champion 3400 inverter extended run

I have the 3400 inverter not the dual fuel one but, it has the remote electric start, it was great to have it after hurricane Irma. We were without power for 5 days and lived in our 5ver in the pole barn. Biggest problem was finding gas. I had 15 gallons and after a few days had to go out and wait in line for gas. It ran everything including the a/c and with the windows closed we hardly knew it was there.

I used to have two of the 2000 watt Champions with the parallel connector. They worked good until one of them blew the inverter board after about 4 years. I had put extended run kits in em and they would run for a few days on about 8 gallons of gas without me having mess with em. So now I would like to setup the 3400 for extended run and while searching for options I came across this https://www.ebay.com/itm/CHAMPION-MO...19.m1438.l2649 it seems simple and straight forward, just looking to see if anyone has tried something like this with champions and to get feedback.

Thanks in Advance
Rick
RickV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 10:11 PM   #2

I am looking at it but have not pulled the trigger yet. The research I have done says you need to have the tank above the generator with a primer bulb because the tanks are not a vacuum like Honda's are.

I also found this which I like but it is a bit involved install and it will switch between an external tank and internal tank. It includes a fuel pump so no worries on where the tank sits.
http://www.pinellaspowerproducts.com/view/CFUELKIT3400/

Let me know where you land and how it performs. Following to see whay others say as well.
dbledan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 06:07 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbledan View Post
I am looking at it but have not pulled the trigger yet. The research I have done says you need to have the tank above the generator with a primer bulb because the tanks are not a vacuum like Honda's are.

I also found this which I like but it is a bit involved install and it will switch between an external tank and internal tank. It includes a fuel pump so no worries on where the tank sits.
Extended Run Time Remote Fuel Tank Kit For Champion 3400 Watt Generator Gasoline only Not Dual Fuel | Portable Generator Extended Fuel Systems & Wireless Remote Control

Let me know where you land and how it performs. Following to see whay others say as well.
I will probably be ordering this today I can live with the elevated fuel tank Unless there is an emergency we only dry camp once a year anyway. I figure I can just set it on top of an old cooler or something like that. If you call supergen products https://www.supergenproducts.com/ they have a kit like the ones I put it the 2000 Champions for a little over $100 last time I checked with them. I am just trying to go the easy route.

Tags
inverter