Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-23-2021, 12:40 PM   #61

I guess I did not read the fine print. The were called X-CHOCKS so I thought they were chocks. Now everybody says they are not chocks. You are smart to return to using your real chocks but I cannot see the advantage to continue using x-chocks. are they an added safety measure or is there something I am once again missing? If there is no added benefit to using them I do not want to waste my time setting them up then waiting for my tires to cool and retightening them
Johnnydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 12:52 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnydog View Post
I guess I did not read the fine print. The were called X-CHOCKS so I thought they were chocks. Now everybody says they are not chocks. You are smart to return to using your real chocks but I cannot see the advantage to continue using x-chocks. are they an added safety measure or is there something I am once again missing? If there is no added benefit to using them I do not want to waste my time setting them up then waiting for my tires to cool and retightening them
They prevent the tires from moving by clamping them in place. In a sense, chocking them together, however, the reason the company tells you not to use them as chocks is they do not prevent the tires from sliding, and WHY you must always use the proper chocks in front and behind the wheels. Just because it prevent the wheels from rotating, does not mean it will keep the trailer from slipping or sliding on loose gravel or sand.

Their main purpose is to stabilize the trailer. When moving around inside, even though the wheels are chocked, they can still rotate a bit, and the X-chocks prevent that, firming up the trailer for less side to side movement.
Bhrava is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chocks, trailer