Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-31-2020, 08:32 AM   #1

Cleaning entire camper with Wet n Forget

I see lots of people cleaning roof and awnings with wet n forget, just wondering if anyone is using it on the sides, front and back as well.
comfun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 11:32 AM   #2

I never have! For the roof I use an RV roof cleaner, such as Camco which will condition and clean the roof I have use this on all of my last three 5ers.

For the actual trailer, I use Wash Wax All. This is a waterless cleaner and wax which works great and I can do the entire trailer in one day. I purchased the entire kit on line I believe from Amazon.

Here is a link for RV use of Wash Wall All.https://washwax.com/collections/rv
Old 10-31-2020, 12:06 PM   #3
Site Team

I would not . It is a great product for what it is designed but pretty strong for entire RV

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 08:54 PM   #4

I see now they have 6 products.the out door product that i see on shelf has
Alkyl dimethyl benzyl ammonium chloride 9.9%
So idont even know what this is and what it might do to roof.i used it on side walk that had moss on in my opinion didnt do anything.i dont think i would use it.
Gmoney67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 01:20 PM   #5

I used F 11 a bit expensive but it has kept my camper looking nice for OVER a YEAR ... not hard to apply or remove .... https://www.amazon.com/TopCoat-Polis...a-570021177523
2013 Honda F6B
530 Watts Solar roof Mt, 2000 watt Sine Wave Inverter Goodyear Endurance
89 days camped 2019, 81 days in 2020, 74 days 2021, 103 days 2022
Bob43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 01:30 PM   #6

Call the mfg. thats what I did when wondering about using it for rubber RV roofs. They told me it would work, and it has. Have not had to go up to the roof in six years.

Climb the ladder , peek, and if dirty, spray it down with Wet & Forget. Works best if applied on acloudy days so it does not dry too fast. Since it is activated by rain, it starts to work during a rain, drys out and is ready for the next "reactivation '. Have been in this RV since 2013 and a Damon Challenger for ten years before that. It works better than anything that I have tried, and that includes most "RV" roof cleaners
Old 11-01-2020, 02:42 PM   #7

I used the Wet n Forget for RV, supposed to be for sidewalls and ends. I used as directed and what a mess it made. I had to get it professionally cleaned at s detail shop, lots of buffing to get rid of the stains. After buffing, they put on a ceramic coating, looked like new. The Wet N Forget company did reimburse me for the detailing
I’ll never use it again
JP Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 06:14 PM   #8

I would hesitate on using a product like Wet and Forget without fully reading about the items it can not be used on. I hesitate using any chemicals until I know for sure that they are safe to use on the object and myself.
Villagerjjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 07:07 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim34RL View Post
I never have! For the roof I use an RV roof cleaner, such as Camco which will condition and clean the roof I have use this on all of my last three 5ers.

For the actual trailer, I use Wash Wax All. This is a waterless cleaner and wax which works great and I can do the entire trailer in one day. I purchased the entire kit on line I believe from Amazon.

Not cheap, but I also have the Wash Wax All kit. Works great!!
boogiejack75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 08:45 PM   #10

I used to be a Sales Associate at ACE Hardware and Lowe's. I have used virtually ALL of the "Wet and Forget" products on the applications that are specified on both the labels and the Website. I can say that the products do work like the manufacturer claims. I would also say " BE CAREFUL !!"
I will give one "for instance"... The Concrete cleaner. Label claims that the product will keep concrete clean for up to a year. You know something? It DOES !!! As long as you follow the directions on the label [EXACTLY AS IT INSTRUCTS YOU], it will keep your concrete surfaces clean for a year. No mold, mildew, black streaks from the leaves or overhead canopy... clean as a whistle!!
Now... after 6 months since you put on that application, take a good close look at the concrete surface. Do you see any flaking taking place?? Flaking can be microscopic. The flaking occurs when it rains. The Wet and Forget product expands when exposed to water and it will lift off a very subtle amount of concrete. That is how it keeps the concrete clean. It actually erodes the surface!!!
Don't believe me??? Take a photo of an area of your driveway BEFORE applying the product. Mark it so you can look again after 6 months, then take another photo of the same area after 6 months has passed.. Switch back and forth between the two photos..
You will see what I see... EROSION of the concrete surface. THAT is why the manufacturer doe NOT recommend the use of the product on finished concrete surfaces.
You really have to look closely at what the product is recommended for.
Old 11-01-2020, 09:01 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villagerjjm View Post
I used to be a Sales Associate at ACE Hardware and Lowe's. I have used virtually ALL of the "Wet and Forget" products on the applications that are specified on both the labels and the Website. I can say that the products do work like the manufacturer claims. I would also say " BE CAREFUL !!"
I will give one "for instance"... The Concrete cleaner. Label claims that the product will keep concrete clean for up to a year. You know something? It DOES !!! As long as you follow the directions on the label [EXACTLY AS IT INSTRUCTS YOU], it will keep your concrete surfaces clean for a year. No mold, mildew, black streaks from the leaves or overhead canopy... clean as a whistle!!
Now... after 6 months since you put on that application, take a good close look at the concrete surface. Do you see any flaking taking place?? Flaking can be microscopic. The flaking occurs when it rains. The Wet and Forget product expands when exposed to water and it will lift off a very subtle amount of concrete. That is how it keeps the concrete clean. It actually erodes the surface!!!
Don't believe me??? Take a photo of an area of your driveway BEFORE applying the product. Mark it so you can look again after 6 months, then take another photo of the same area after 6 months has passed.. Switch back and forth between the two photos..
You will see what I see... EROSION of the concrete surface. THAT is why the manufacturer doe NOT recommend the use of the product on finished concrete surfaces.
You really have to look closely at what the product is recommended for.
Since the active agent is a surfactant (wetting agent) my guess is the erosion is probably caused bu the water permeating the concrete and freezing.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 09:03 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
Since the active agent is a surfactant (wetting agent) my guess is the erosion is probably caused bu the water permeating the concrete and freezing.
I live in Central Florida... last time we had a "freeze" was 2011....
.....just sayin'
Old 11-01-2020, 09:38 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim34RL View Post

I agree Wash Wax All is awesome!
jdkbrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 08:45 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkbrooks View Post
I agree Wash Wax All is awesome!
I want to hear more about this Wash Wax All product. I looked on their website and I’m confused about what product I need.
We just bought a 38’ Montana this summer and I’ve been wondering how in the world I’m going to wax all that fiberglass.
CUTiger80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 11:03 PM   #15

Been using wet and forget on my homes asphalt shingle roof for years. I live in the Pacific NW and moss is a roofs worst enemy. It works great, I have no moss growing on my roof. Twice a year application.

I have used wet and forget concentrate on my last 2 RV roofs and will say it works fantastic at keeping the roof clean.

I have also used it sparingly as a light cleaning agent on the fiberglass before I use the normal RV wash and wax.
1shadowsabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 12:32 AM   #16

I emailed about Wet/Forget if it was safe for RV's with Decals(Most FR have them) and they couldn't guarantee it was safe for them. So we passed!
SLU2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 10:49 AM   #17

Looked at your link. We have one slide that the gel coat is gone. The "polish" on your link doesn't mention fiberglass. Have you ever tried it?
SNHIPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 11:49 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by CUTiger80 View Post
I want to hear more about this Wash Wax All product. I looked on their website and I’m confused about what product I need.
We just bought a 38’ Montana this summer and I’ve been wondering how in the world I’m going to wax all that fiberglass.
I use both of the Wash Wax All products on my trailer such as the standard formula and the degreaser formula. Here is a link to the Wash WAX all products and where to use their product on a RV.

https://washwax.com/collections/rv
Old 11-13-2020, 08:01 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmoney67 View Post
I see now they have 6 products.the out door product that i see on shelf has
Alkyl dimethyl benzyl ammonium chloride 9.9%
So idont even know what this is and what it might do to roof.i used it on side walk that had moss on in my opinion didnt do anything.i dont think i would use it.

Oh come on. It's a disinfectant, not an herbicide. Will it clean the roof? Yes, it will help kill bacteria present.
DavidWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 12:37 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayo View Post
Call the mfg. thats what I did when wondering about using it for rubber RV roofs. They told me it would work, and it has. Have not had to go up to the roof in six years. ...
Would that be the manufacturer of the roof material? Or the manufacturer of Wet N Forget?

Camping nights: 2021, 52; 2022, 99; 2023, 88; 2024, TBD (Est: 80+)

chriscowles is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camper, cleaning, tire