Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-29-2019, 07:03 PM   #1

Clear coat peeling

So after the winter, I noticed on the front of my 2014 3365SAQB (bought in Jan 2015) at the top of the nose the clear coat is peeling in several places, yes, not good. This Fiver has been waxed every year and well taken care of. I have extended warranty but don't think it will cover it. I don't think Forest River will either. These are just my opinions, does anyone have any experiences with this? I believe this will be a major repair, the front stickers will have to be removed (they cracked all up the second year) sanded off and re cleared at minimum.......
lnewsome27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 08:22 PM   #2

My front cap on my Cedar Creek faded, it cost $1966.00 to repaint the cap. Cedar Creek gave me the decals for free
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 05:34 AM   #3

On your 2015? So 3-4 years old and they didn't do anything? Will be the last Forest River i buy if that's the case. I cant see buying a car and the paint be faulty and peeling and not being upset and thinking they should stand behind it
Old 04-30-2019, 06:08 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnewsome27 View Post
On your 2015? So 3-4 years old and they didn't do anything? Will be the last Forest River i buy if that's the case. I cant see buying a car and the paint be faulty and peeling and not being upset and thinking they should stand behind it
I had the exact situation with a Honda Civic I used to own. The paint was starting to peel off the roof (common problem for certain colors). Honda did extend the warrantee on the paint, but by the time I had a chance to take it to the dealer, it was beyond the extended warrantee.....by less than a month! Neither the dealer nor Honda customer service would do anything for me. Last $%@* Honda I’ll ever buy!
Old 04-30-2019, 07:31 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnewsome27 View Post

The factory paid for painting my cap. Should I ever trade my Cedar Creek I’ll most likely buy another Cedar Creek
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 09:53 AM   #6

How old was your unit when they stood behind it? Because i just got of the phone with a guy that basically said it was outside of a year, don't know what to tell you. He actually said to call camping world to ask them what kind of wax they used when they detailed it every year and maybe that broke it done. As you're laughing, yes he actually said that. So a clear coat that is supposed to protect against ultra violet rays and the sun was broke done by wax. In my opinion, in 4-5 years there isn't anything other then it being wrong from the factory that clear coat should peel. I am pretty much thinking about trading it and...................never again a Forest River
Old 05-02-2019, 05:51 PM   #7

It’s just cheap clear coat. Even the “20year” good clear coat will generally not last that long in many places especially here in Florida. The only way to make it last is to get it out of the elements. If they did a good job prepping it and put a healthy coat on it will last a bit longer.
Tfort is offline   Reply With Quote