Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-20-2016, 10:49 AM   #1

Question Coachmen Mirada 35BH vs Georgetown 351DS

I am upgrading to a Class A from a Class C. My choices are coming down to the Coachmen Mirada 35 BH or the Forest River Georgetown 351DS. I can't really find any reviews on either of these, so I was wondering if anyone has anything good or bad or indifferent to say about either of these. I've compared the specs; what I'm looking for is RVers familiar with these models who can tell me the pros and cons. Thanks!
castleriggpekes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 05:37 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by castleriggpekes View Post
I am upgrading to a Class A from a Class C. My choices are coming down to the Coachmen Mirada 35 BH or the Forest River Georgetown 351DS. I can't really find any reviews on either of these, so I was wondering if anyone has anything good or bad or indifferent to say about either of these. I've compared the specs; what I'm looking for is RVers familiar with these models who can tell me the pros and cons. Thanks!
We almost pulled the trigger on the Mirada - Now I don't remember the 351 but I know we looked at it. We sort backed off the Mirada for 2 reasons; one of which was originally a plus on our list. The second bathroom/shower. But that also took away the rear window for which ultimately swayed us. I personally saw the 2 dump stations as a minus too - wasn't aware when we first looked at. The other thing that made us look elsewhere was the lack of pantry space and TV. The TV was mid-ship pointing forward - more of an awkward head position to watch.

Otherwise the Mirada had the sleeping space we needed for GKs. Outside storage was good too.

We ended up with the Georgetown XL 350 was is similar to the 351. TV is above the sink and opens up to the cabinets with rear window.

Hope this calls out a few things we about the Mirada to consider or at least know about.
cmalberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 09:20 PM   #3

We just upgraded from a C class to the 2015 Georgetown 351 DS. We looked at A few other bunkhouse a class but one of the dealers nearby us had two of the 2015 Georgetown. I searched online for 2014 and 2016 Georgetown 351 DS and noticed that the layout is different. It change sometime in 2015 production year. I specifically wanted to avoid the mid cabin TV facing forward. I like the location above the sink. We've been on a couple of trips so far and have no complaints. As with any new motorhome it had a few things that needed to be fixed but between the forest river customer service and the RV dealer everything is taken care of under warranty within a reasonable period of time. So far were very happy.
Gohawks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coachmen, georgetown