Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-23-2014, 02:08 PM   #21

I have Good Sam's Roadside & was happy with the service I received on two separate occasions this year...

The first time was after I swapped-out my China bombs w/Maxxis tires & forgot to check my lug nuts at 10 miles... I didn't notice until we arrived at a campsite about an hour from home... One wheel worked its way loose-enough to damage the lug bolts, nuts & aluminum rim. From our campsite I called GS Roadside, a local trailer mechanic arrived in about an hour, had new lug bolts, nuts, & my spare mounted about an hour later, and even let me buy some extra lug bolts & nuts at-cost. GS paid his flat tow/inspection service & he only charged me $40 for labor plus the actual cost of lug bolts & nuts from the auto store. I later bought a matching $65 rim online & keep the spare lug bolts & nuts in my TT, since the proper size may be hard to fine further from the city...

A few months later I called GS Roadside again when my 5.7 Hemi blew. (I later learned that the tow would have been covered under my Ram Powertrain warranty...) When I explained that the engine locked, GS Roadside sent a flatbed vs. a tow truck from one of the more reputable tow services in our area.

Both times GS Roadside asked if I was in a safe location & informed me that it would take about an hour for someone to arrive. Both times, someone arrived within an hour. GS Roadside called just after the hour to confirm that I was being helped & gave me info as to how I could rate the service I was provided, etc.

The only negative is that they are a little slower than AAA, etc. but the tow services they utilize appear to have the equipment needed to handle larger trucks and/or tow trailers safely if needed. Both times the vehicles that arrived had tow hitches that could have moved my TT to safety, etc., so I am not complaining. I have not had AAA or any other tow service for over 20 years but I plan to keep GS Roadside so that I can focus on keeping my family safe & let them do the roadside work vs. DIY...
2017-31; 2016-36; 2015-37; 2014-31

The_Rhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 03:57 PM   #22

Send a message via MSN to Tiggerdad
I wait until I get offered a good discount from one of them which is often. I then switch to the other when they offer new member discounts.

2013 Crusader 330 MKS
2013 Chevrolet Silverado LT 2500 D/A
Tiggerdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 04:48 PM   #23

I have GS roadside assistance for the last few years. I am very happy with the service and the cost. They will call you back to make sure that everything is going well. I buy there service in 3 year increments. Very satisfied.
richard rv is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
good sam