Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-15-2011, 02:15 PM   #1

condensation inside widows

We camped this last thursday , fri, sat, sunday, In our 2010 puma 26rlss, It was warm thurs ,fri ..65-75-degrees , turning cooler and rain sat, sun,. We used a electric space heater in the TT for heat , It did a good job . But had condensation on the inside windows when the temps dropped sat,sunday...I know the windows are cheap ..can anything be done for this ??
dretired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 02:21 PM   #2
Site Team

if you have any type of RV, closed up tight, you can get condensation.
that's why having a vent or window cracked open, when you're running a lot of heat in a cold/wet environment, will eliminate condensation.
some air movement is needed. some run the fan only, on the a/c, when it's cold and moist outside and the heater is running full blast.
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 02:29 PM   #3

Condensation

Thanks i will try that the next time we get that temp drop and rainy condition , i could have opened the bathroom vent (It has a cover ) We had 30 -40 mph wind gusts sat night, rain was coming at us sideways !!!
dretired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 07:18 PM   #4

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by dretired View Post
Thanks i will try that the next time we get that temp drop and rainy condition , i could have opened the bathroom vent (It has a cover ) We had 30 -40 mph wind gusts sat night, rain was coming at us sideways !!!

It is normal to get condensation on your windows when it is cold outside and warm inside, this is why there are weep holes in between the pains of glass to let the moisture escape to the outside of the TT.

HAPPY CAMPING "EH" !!!!
shabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 07:36 PM   #5
Villa Estate 392FLFB

also why i used that window plastic and did my windows this last winter.

also your AC unit will take the condensation out in the day time.
Old 05-16-2011, 11:59 PM   #6

[QUOTE=bikendan;103993]if you have any type of RV, closed up tight, you can get condensation.
that's why having a vent or window cracked open, when you're running a lot of heat in a cold/wet environment, will eliminate condensation.
some air movement is needed. some run the fan only, on the a/c, when it's cold and moist outside and the heater is running full blast.[/QUOTE

Like he said...
Not having a window or two open and some form of airflow through the trailer will lead to condensation inside, which will eventually lead to a very uncomfortable environment inside as well, even with the heat on. It will just always feel damp.
Tow Vehicle: '92 F350, Crew Cab, 4X4, Cummins 5.9 24 Valve, 6spd.Driver:Clint, Navigator:Melanie, 1 dog (Great Pyrenees/Akbash cross) and now a cat too. Mission Statement: Just another adventure! Towed vehicle:2009 Roo 19 with lots of mods!
cmcct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 09:27 PM   #7

what would you suggest during storage....tight as a drum or air flowign through. Hear both side of the stories but I had alot of moisture this spring. Never had that before.
phudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 12:57 AM   #8
Villa Estate 392FLFB

probably one or two cracks somewhere should be good.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:11 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by phudson View Post
what would you suggest during storage....tight as a drum or air flowign through. Hear both side of the stories but I had alot of moisture this spring. Never had that before.
Keep some low heat (electric or oil filled heater work well) in the trailer and have some dessicant (like Dri-Z-Air) or a dehumidifier running. We had a very wet winter and spring. Always surprising how much water we get in the dessicant traps.
Tow Vehicle: '92 F350, Crew Cab, 4X4, Cummins 5.9 24 Valve, 6spd.Driver:Clint, Navigator:Melanie, 1 dog (Great Pyrenees/Akbash cross) and now a cat too. Mission Statement: Just another adventure! Towed vehicle:2009 Roo 19 with lots of mods!
cmcct is offline   Reply With Quote